Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Anderson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Everyone,

Im having a hard time understanding how explore works in the first scenerio of the forgotten age. I have basically two ideas of what happens for the first scenerio:

1- I explore, it reveals a location not attached to my current location. Tough luck, I fail the explore and thats it.

2- I explore, the location is not attached to my location, I keep exploring until I get a treachery or a location that is attached to my location.

I am confused because the agenda says that I am looking for a card attached to my location, but the explore rules makes it sound like I keep revealing cards until I reveal one that works or a treachery.

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Oliver
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it, keep pushing your luck revealing cards until EITHER (a) you find one attached to your location XOR (b) you get a treachery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's number 2. Explore actions will always tell you the criteria for which locations are successful (usually, but not always, this is "connected to your current location"), and you always draw past any locations that do not meet that criteria.

This means there are three possible outcomes for exploring:

- You find a location that does meet the Explore criteria; this is a successful exploration and you move to that location immediately;
- You find a treachery; this is an unsuccessful exploration and you draw and resolve the treachery before discarding it to the normal discard;
- You draw the entire exploration deck without finding either (only locations that don't meet the Explore criteria present); this is neither successful nor unsuccessful and nothing happens.

In all three cases, any locations you drew that didn't meet the criteria get shuffled back into the exploration deck afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls