Hide
9 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Order of haunts in campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
Are the haunts played in the campaign the same for everyone? Right now, it seems like a lot of the haunts we've encountered in our game has been the same as the others who have posted on here:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
free-for all for prologue, Dollies for haunt 3/4, Be Our Guest for 3/4, ant swarm for 6, etc.
I don't think we've encountered a different haunt from anyone else in the campaign, yet. So is there different haunts for the campaign, or no?

Also, how many of the haunts in the campaign are playable in free play? So far, seems like most if not all of the ones (besides the prologue) are like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keefauver
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think the prologue is the same for everyone, I'm pretty sure it branches out after that. We are about 6 chapters in, and for us so far, it seems that the haunt you get is based on which omen tile you occupy when the haunt is triggered.
We haven't made it to free play yet, so I don't know much about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 52,488 permutations of haunts you can encounter during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Cliff
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have limited information on the subject, but it seems some chapters have multiple haunts that are variations on a theme. For example, Chapter 1 has two haunts about an undead monster. Chapter 3 has at least two haunts about dolls. Chapter 4 has at least two haunts about furniture and inspired by movies.

Also, it seems like there might be tendencies for player behavior to lead to one haunt over the other. The clearest example I know is that it's more likely for players to get the Revenant instead of the Viking in Chapter 1, because players are more likely to seek out the known outdoors omen tile in order to get the chalice before exploring the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We finished the campaign last week and didn't play any of the haunts you listed (cept the prologue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoxDroppingManApe wrote:
Also, it seems like there might be tendencies for player behavior to lead to one haunt over the other. The clearest example I know is that it's more likely for players to get the Revenant instead of the Viking in Chapter 1, because players are more likely to seek out the known outdoors omen tile in order to get the chalice before exploring the house.
Though if you're like my group, you end up with Viking because you found the omen tile in the house first, and one player gunned for the known outdoors tile in an attempt to become the traitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
XabinOtter wrote:
Are the haunts played in the campaign the same for everyone? Right now, it seems like a lot of the haunts we've encountered in our game has been the same as the others who have posted on here:
free-for all for prologue, Dollies for haunt 3/4, Be Our Guest for 3/4, ant swarm for 6, etc.
I don't think we've encountered a different haunt from anyone else in the campaign, yet. So is there different haunts for the campaign, or no?

Also, how many of the haunts in the campaign are playable in free play? So far, seems like most if not all of the ones (besides the prologue) are like that.
There are only 3 haunts that are unplayable after the campaign is over. Without spoilers, It'll be pretty obvious which ones by the time you finish the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoxDroppingManApe wrote:
I have limited information on the subject, but it seems some chapters have multiple haunts that are variations on a theme. For example, Chapter 1 has two haunts about an undead monster. Chapter 3 has at least two haunts about dolls. Chapter 4 has at least two haunts about furniture and inspired by movies.

That’s funny because we went in the house thinking we would find new stuff in the house. Got the Viking. That made my Viking loving friend very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin DeWitt
msg tools
The similarity of some haunts is because of the highlighted Omen. For example, you always get a
doll: but you could get the blood-drinking doll that grows to massive size haunt OR the army of dolls that mob and destroy you haunt. They both work very differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls