Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Cook
United States
Sheldon
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a couple of threads asking about rules changes between the editions and the consensus was that changes were only cosmetic.
I just compared the 1E rules (base & SNAFU) to the 2E versions and did find some differences:

* Clarifications
Base, p4, Effect Cards:
2E adds
Quote:
Effect cards may be played on units that have not been deployed yet.
Base, p4, Event Cards:
2E adds
Quote:
Event cards will only influence units currently deployed on the board or are deploying on to an event influenced area.
* Changes
Base, p7, Out of Ammo!:
1E
Quote:
Obviously, models that roll 1 DD in RF may never be Out of Ammo as it's impossible to roll doubles on one die!
2E
Quote:
If a weapon only rolls a single DD in Reaction Fire mode it runs Out of Ammo on a roll of 1
This is the only real change and it is a pretty significant one - impacts the SWD in the base game, most of MI-13 from SNAFU, and most of the Droptroopers and Brigitte from the KS.
I had missed this change multiple times as I looked at 2E because I skimmed over it thinking I knew how RF worked!

* New
SNAFU, p8, Special Rules:
2E adds rules for MI-13 Flashbangs that may be used in lieu of Zombie Bait.

This one is a little vague to me - is it a per-trooper change or an all-in, and are they unlimited like other grenades (but not like the replaced Zombie Bait)?
I'm assuming per-trooper and unlimited.

That's what I found in the rules. I have not done a comparison of the scenarios yet but will post if I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks for the summary , very helpful.

Can you tell me what are the "new " event cards?
they are the 2nd edition ones, thinner , printed on the more flimsy , criss crossed paper.

I have 21 of them:

3x buckin for a medal
3x low on ammo
3x extra ammo
2x crushing blow
2x jammed radio
2x critical hit

and 1 of each:
flooded tunnel
hidden tunnel
lucky devil
liquid courage
intelligence briefing
cave in

Why have these cards been printed again (on this shoddy paper so they can not be mixed properly with the older deck)
Are they supposed to be replacing the old 66 cards deck or be shuffled into the old deck?
Frankly i have no idea why these cards have been printed. They are not mentioned in the rulebook, there is NO NEW text or any kind of errata on them. What is going on? ><

I also have printed at one point 4 special bomber zombie units numbered H1-4 with big word "SPECIAL" written across the picture on the card.
In the Kickstarter/2nd edition all the older cards (and SNAFU self-print cards) were supposed to be printed. But there are no new versions of H1 H2 H3 H4 special bomber zombies. Can these 4 cards be utilized in any way in a 2nd ed?

Thanks a lot. Sorry for this topic but that is what happens when one opens a few year old Kickstarter content ;D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought my KS came with an all new deck that was bigger than 21 cards, but I will have to check.

I thought the Etta bomber zombie cards were for when you take Hans which gives you the exception to the normal bomber zombie limit, since his ability lets him take more ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cook
United States
Sheldon
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, the KS came with a complete deck that is meant to be used alone, not in conjunction with 1E.
The Bomberzombie cards are now just numbered sequentially. You can only use 4 without Hans and I think we have up to 14 possible in the highest RP scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
so the new deck replacing the old one is 21 cards?

i got the kickstarter version without the base game (for the ones having it already)
It would be a bummer if we got only a part of the deck which we are supposed to mix with older cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cook
United States
Sheldon
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
so the new deck replacing the old one is 21 cards?
I just counted and compared the 1E and 2E decks. Both are identical, 66 cards. The same mix of cards, same text, same costs.

Armor Piercing Ammo 3
Bat Outa’ Hell 1
Battle Rage 2
Blaze of Glory 2
Booby Trap 3
Boosted Pinger 1
Brainwurst 3
Buckin for a Medal 3
Cave In! 1
Critical Hit 2
Crushing Blow 2
Extra Ammo 3
Flooded Tunnel 1
Hidden Tunnel 1
Intelligence Briefing 1
Jammed Radio 2
Liquid Courage 1
Low on Ammo 3
Lucky Devil 6
Major Injury 1
Medic Kit 1
Minor Injury 3
Pour It On! 1
Power Surge 1
Rackley Hated His Mask 3
Savage Fury 1
Screecher Gear 1
Sir, Yes Sir! 2
SNAFU 6
Thousand Yard Stare 2
V Neutralizer 1
V Stimulator 1
Wild Weasel Device 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i ordered during Kickstarter the METALHEAD pledge.

it did not come with the plastic miniatures FREE stretch goals and the only new cards i got (the thinner perforated ones was just a small selection i listed not a full deck).

i guess i write an email and ask whether its normal "metalhead" pledge or not.

i sure hope not, because the cards could not be any more different in feel and production. WHy the heck havent i receive the full deck of cards..

THANKS A LOOOOOT for counting the cards for me Andrew! Very appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to compare the cards too. Good to know they are identical , although i the pictures and colours on the new cards are MUCH more vibrant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls