Subject: Advanced 2 players variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janusz Kochanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The advanced variant for 2 players is described as follows:
"Each player plays two colors. Use the 4 players set up. Each player controls two opposing bases on the board (Yellow+Green against Red+Blue).
Players alternate colours following the Bases on the game board (Blue-Yellow-Red-Green). During the game, use the 'Active Base' token to show the active colour by placing it next to the Base and moving it from Base to Base as active colours change.
A Robot can only Unload Crystals in the same coloured Base, or any ofthe other player's two Bases.
At the end ofthe game, each player adds Crystals from his two colours."

I do not understand how to use "Active Base". Does this mean that the player can unload the Robot only to the base with the "Active Base" token? Can anyone give an example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's used to keep track of which colour is currently active, so the player doesn't lose track & play the wrong colour.

The bit about unloading in specific bases is because, in a regular game, you can unload in any base, but the owner of the base gets the points, not the owner of the robot. In this variant, you're not allowed to unload in your own different-coloured base, because that could be an advantage for you. Your robots have to get to their own coloured base to get the points, but you can still unload in both of your opponents' bases & they get the points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janusz Kochanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining.
I understand that I have 4 Robots together, 2 in each color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls