Hide
17 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Advice on which expansions to buy. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
I have the core game and the USA #1 expansion. The USA #1 expansion gave me more actions and gear but it also gave me all USA hostiles. I was expecting more German hostiles. I can’t use the extra USA hostiles until I have some German Soldiers to fight them with. So should I have bought the German #1 expansion instead to get more German hostiles? I am confused as to how the expansion packs are organized.

I was planning on buying maybe 2 or 3 more expansions to flesh out the game. Since I already have the USA #1 expansion, which packs should I get to expand and compliment what I have at present?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
You'll end up wanting them all. Seriously.

I started off only buying the expansions that had player card for Allies because I didn't see myself playing as the Germans. I ended up with them all.

The card manifest might help you make your decision.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/152664/warfighter-wwii-ca...

Gives you all the specific cards in each expansion. This next file breaks everything down so you know how many of each type comes with each expansion.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/162595/warfighter-wwii-wa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Yoder
United States
GRANITE BAY
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely want the expansions that give you the M1919 Machine Gun and Tripod. This is 05-28 and 29 on the Manifest. I can only assume this is expansion #5, but verify this. Also, get the expansions with the NPS soldiers that are equiped with the MG. This is Moore (06-06) and Stover (06-07). Again, I don't know for sure what expansion this is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To play as the Germans with the US as hostiles you can pick up the Germany exp#3.

If you want... you can also pick up the Russian#1 which gives Soviet hostiles or British exp#2 has British soldiers and hostiles so that you can play as either.... or blah blah... I can go on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
Yea... That’s what happened to me with PathFinder Mummy’s Mask. I eventually ended up getting everything. Those lists should help me in deciding what to buy. Thanx Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
Ok... I’ll make sure I look for those specifically. Thanx Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
Germany #3... ok. That will give me some variety playing as Germany... Thanx Danni
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing about the expansions is that most of them also have mission and or objective and or location cards as well. Not typically all 3 and not every expansion but yea I’d recommend getting them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
badge
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a file with a complete breakdown of each of the card types at Warfighter WWII-Wave 1 Card Type Numbers by Expansion/Set. It will tell you how many of each type of card comes in the core set and respective expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
Ok... After looking through the card manifest I purchased these expansions-

Exp 3: Germany #1.
Exp 9: Russia #1.
Exp 4: Gear.
Exp 5: Ammo Box - Decks only.

This should be enough to keep me occupied for awhile as well as being able to utilize the “Service Record” cards and the “Environment” mechanic.

Really digging this game, it’s pretty sweet. Thanx guys for all of your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You really need Russian 1 and 2 since 1 has 20 terrain cards in the deck leaving your force option very very low (look at the expansions content table). Russia is unique in that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brodka
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With the European theatre campaign book about to be released, it opens the doors to many countries fighting each other. You will eventually want them all. Heck even though you may not want UK expansions for Soldiers or Hostiles, the UK #2 pack has the best item in the game (binoculars).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
Yea... I see that now. I don’t like the way these expansion packs are separated. You really will have to buy them all. They should be self contained as much as possible.

I say let the game stand on it’s own! If the game is solid, people will want to get the extra content. Don’t mix the decks up so you have to buy several just to complete a certain country. At least maybe offer a discounted price for a bundled deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason we have 2 packs of cards is because we have too many Soldiers/Weapons/Equipment/Skills/Locations/Hostiles to fit into a single deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Buxton
msg tools
So...you ARE listening... lol I do appreciate that. There are a lot don’t!

I understand what you are saying and don’t get me wrong, I do think the game is solid. My gripe is that it’s not clear that you would need to buy both of a countries decks to have their full compliment of cards. In my case, I would have happily bought both to have all of the cards and not have to make two purchases.

Thank you for responding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to help

I am always looking for feedback, and if someone can find a way to fit 112 cards into a 56 card deck, I am all ears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
Happy to help

I am always looking for feedback, and if someone can find a way to fit 112 cards into a 56 card deck, I am all ears.
...but haven't you just released some 112 card decks? (vehicles, undead etc?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls