Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: What does intrigue on Locations do? (and other misc. rules questions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Cheng
msg tools
A couple of questions below:

1) Over the course of the game, we play can Intrigue on characters or on locations (via cards or mastermind abilities). What does Intrigue on the locations do or mean?

Does the Intrigue on locations count towards the total of all the Intrigue on the characters in that region? In other words, if I have two Intrigue in the School and have two characters in that school each with one Intrigue, does that mean that those two characters now have three Intrigue?

Furthermore, if characters are moved into that region, does the Intrigue on the location get counted towards their total?

2) Is there a maximum amount of Intrigue that can be played at a location? There are three slots for them but I'm wondering if that is considered binding.

3) What do the gears with character faces in them mean at the top of each location?

4) Is the cultist allowed to cancel a Forbid Intrigue on a location in which he did not originally start but moves into via a Move action?

5) Do paranoia effects trigger when a character MEETS or EXCEEDS the number of required paranoia tokens?

Thanks for all the clarification! This is a fun game to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Conant
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noblerare wrote:

1) Over the course of the game, we play can Intrigue on characters or on locations (via cards or mastermind abilities). What does Intrigue on the locations do or mean?

Does the Intrigue on locations count towards the total of all the Intrigue on the characters in that region? In other words, if I have two Intrigue in the School and have two characters in that school each with one Intrigue, does that mean that those two characters now have three Intrigue?

Furthermore, if characters are moved into that region, does the Intrigue on the location get counted towards their total?
Intrigue doesn't do anything that isn't written on the Tragedy Set spreadsheet, and it is either on a Location or Character (there's no implicit sharing between the two). If you check out, for example, "Hospital Incident", you'll see an effect that depends on Location Intrigue.

noblerare wrote:

2) Is there a maximum amount of Intrigue that can be played at a location? There are three slots for them but I'm wondering if that is considered binding.
As far as I know, no. We didn't even understand that the slots for Intrigue until we'd played several times. Realistically, since one of the slots is the size of the x3 Intrigue token, you probably wouldn't run into this even if it were a rule.

noblerare wrote:

3) What do the gears with character faces in them mean at the top of each location?
Each face indicate whether that Character either:

A. Starts in that Location
B. Is forbidden from being in that Location (if they are crossed out, or whatever the iconography is; I forget)

noblerare wrote:

4) Is the cultist allowed to cancel a Forbid Intrigue on a location in which he did not originally start but moves into via a Move action?
From this thread:

Zimeon wrote:

I checked again, and with the designer, and the priority is:

1) Movement happens before the other actions.
2) "Forbid [whatever]" happens right before [whatever].

So if the Cultist moves into an area where there is a Forbid Intrigue, he can prevent the Forbid intrigue from happening.
noblerare wrote:

5) Do paranoia effects trigger when a character MEETS or EXCEEDS the number of required paranoia tokens?
Yes.

(If a Character has at least as many Paranoia as their Paranoia Limit, they will attempt to cause the Incident.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prairial ledeux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
noblerare wrote:

There’s no limit.
Some characters have abilities to remove an intrigue, so the mastermind might put extra intrigues on location.
Furthermore, some expansions(Mystery Circle, Prime Evil and Cosmic Mythology) might require 3 or more intrigues for the mastermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amr atef
Egypt
flag msg tools
1) Intrigues means win conditions ,
for example : 2 intrigues on a key person : killer can kill key person
2 intrigues on the shrine : it means you can win as master mind in some senarios

Please note that you can place intrigue on locations even if your scenario doesnt give you win condition with intrigues on location .. just to bluff the players and increase the number of winning possibilities

2) there's no maximum intrigue on location

3)it means which locations can this character move to and which not

4) cultist only cancel forbid intrigue in a location that he is currently at ,

example : cultist start in school , you place intrigue on school , they forbid intrigue in school , you can successfully cancel forbid intrigue

example 2 : cultist move to city , you place intrigue on city , they forbid intrigue in city , you can successfully cancel forbid intrigue

5) when it meets .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls