Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Benn
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got this bad boy to the table again on Saturday night. The game took 5 hours.

Unfortunately, I wasn't astute enough to take any photos and I'll try to make things brief.

West: Jack Nikita (13 year old kid)
Axis: Charlie Nikita (11 year old kid + John Benn adviser)
USSR: Brett Nikita (40ish year old father)

These kids are super smart, btw.

Charlie and I were determined to play aggressively to try for a two-capital win. Charlie is a fairly aggressive game player even though he's super quiet. He loves stomping the competition.

1936: Axis early diplomatic push managed to get Turkey (a rarity), Greece and Austria. This dramatically changed the game as Baku in southern Russia was threatened early. The West ignored the French and built primarily British Naval units.

1937: Germany secured Rumanian oil and attacked and conquered Denmark.

1938: Turkish forces attacked Persia to secure more oil so that the Axis would not be resource limited in the coming conflict.

1939: The communists won the Spanish civil war and joined the USSR, but too late to matter. German forces conquered the Low Countries in the spring, followed by a conquest of France in the Summer. They spent the Fall re-positioning forces along the Polish border and moving Italians in to defend France. The U-boats savaged West shipping, but only for a year before the Royal Navy got things under control again.

1940: The US joined the war. Germany conquered Poland in the Spring and continued to reorganize.

1941: The British attempted to liberate Paris in the Summer, but were forced back into the English Channel. Germany conquered the Baltic States in the Summer and then opted for a surprise Fall attack on the USSR and decisively won in Belarus setting up a two-pronged assault on Leningrad.

1942: Germany played an early Spring card and attacked Leningrad and won the battle, but Leningrad held and the siege continued until the Summer, where the overwhelming might of the Wehrmacht took Leningrad, ending the game.

Everyone had a great time. It was the 1st Axis victory in my 6th play of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gard R.
Norway
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome recap! Thanks for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een klein boefje
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to know the game.works with 11 years old kids, I only have to wait eight more years

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls