3 Posts

Hand of Fate: Ordeals» Forums » Rules

Subject: Oracle's Diadem and Feast - clarification required rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Woolfitt
msg tools
Oracle's Diadem

My son and I have been arguing vociferously over the how to use the Oracle's diadem, so would welcome a ruling from the community to clear things up. We have several possible interpretations on how to use it, as follows;

1) The text on the card is effectively two, separate powers. Each turn you may a) look at an adjacent encounter and then b) gain one fame for every encounter revealed. In this interpretation that means that every turn you gain one fame for every encounter that is revealed on the board. There is no requirement for you to trigger the first power in order to gain the fame.

2) As option 1), but you only get the fame if you use the first power to look at an adjacent encounter. If you don't (or can't) look at an adjacent encounter (e.g. because all adjacent encounters have already been revealed) then you don't gain any fame.

3) They are two separate powers, but are interconnected. If you trigger the first (look at) then you gain 1 fame for each encounter revealed that turn.

4) The powers are interconnected. You may look at an adjacent encounter. When you look at the encounter you may choose to reveal it. If you do so you then gain one fame for the encounter revealed in this way.

I think that covers all the possible options and interpretations, and I think I know which one is the correct answer, but I have a very stubborn son and I'd be grateful (for the sake of family harmony!) for some guidance and a ruling!

Feast

When you draw a card during your strike bonus, you resolve its abilities. If you draw Feast, if you spend apples whilst resolving it do you add this to your power? Or does it turn into effort? If it turns into power you could potentially turn 20 apples into 10 extra power, etc, which would crush anything in its path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McIntyre
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mb
A house divided cannot stand, a ruling must be made.

To prevent all out war here is the cards intended wordings.

Once per turn you may look at an adjacent encounter, you do not reveal it or show any other players.

Separately, each time you reveal an encounter by moving to it and turning it face up. You gain 1 fame.

For feast, it can be used in a strike bonus and can indeed smash some face. The trick is getting it to the top of your deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Woolfitt
msg tools
That's brilliant, thank you. I must admit, not the answers I was expecting (and my boy now gets to be smug!), but peace is now restored
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls