Subject: Teotihuacan Damage - CSI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Fleming
United States
Clear Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
Just wondering if anyone else has purchased a new copy of Teotihuacan from CSI lately. I had received a copy early last week that had a damaged box corner. To their credit, they shipped out a replacement copy swiftly along with a return shipping label. However, I received the replacement copy today and it has identical box damage as my original shipment. I'm not sure how they can repeatedly toss in a damaged copy and ship it out as if the customer should accept it in that condition. I also wonder if they received an entire shipment of a damaged game from a distributor.

Dub

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayberryNut wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has purchased a new copy of Teotihuacan from CSI lately. I had received a copy early last week that had a damaged box corner. To their credit, they shipped out a replacement copy swiftly along with a return shipping label. However, I received the replacement copy today and it has identical box damage as my original shipment. I'm not sure how they can repeatedly toss in a damaged copy and ship it out as if the customer should accept it in that condition. I also wonder if they received an entire shipment of a damaged game from a distributor.

Dub
Maybe damaged during shipment to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mock
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy from Cardhaus also has some denting, but mine was to top of box. This box from NSKN strikes me as inferior to current production standards - I was really surprised at the low-ish quality. My guess is damage happened in shipping, despite likely being well-packed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, if the box sucks there's nothing they can do. Stop wasting their money and buy it local if you care enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Fleming
United States
Clear Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
It's not the box, smart guy. The corner was obviously crushed, and not as a result of shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it from CSI around December (?) and the box has no damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a copy last week, no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayberryNut wrote:

Dub
CSI has done a lousy job of shipping items to me lately. I recently received two shipments in a row with damaged game boxes. In both cases, they used bubble wrap on the bottom of the shipping box and around the inside, but nothing on top or in between the games. The games were simply stacked on top of each other and not tightly packed. Both damaged games had their box tops damaged along the edges seemingly from the other games bouncing around on them during shipment. Not sure if this is what happened to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
Sweep the Leg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I have received from CSI since the beginning of the year at least has been damage free. This includes me copy of Teotihuacan. Their customer service is usually pretty good. Send them a picture and see if they will work with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Frantz
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mock Family wrote:
My copy from Cardhaus also has some denting, but mine was to top of box. This box from NSKN strikes me as inferior to current production standards - I was really surprised at the low-ish quality. My guess is damage happened in shipping, despite likely being well-packed.
I don't think the box is particularly low quality, but don't you think there's a lot of value here for $35? I'd rather them not worry about providing a premium box and instead selling me a phenomenal game for a lower than normal price!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mock
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tribefan07 wrote:
Mock Family wrote:
I don't think the box is particularly low quality, but don't you think there's a lot of value here for $35? I'd rather them not worry about providing a premium box and instead selling me a phenomenal game for a lower than normal price!
It's of Stronghold Terraforming Mars quality, thin, bendy. Great value at $35, absolutely. That wasn't the commentary - it was specifically on the box, which is sub-par to current hobby standards. I personally would pay $5-7 more for a higher quality box. I stack games 5-6 high on each shelf, this has to be on or near the top. Is it a huge deal - nope. I won't lose sleep either, but I would have paid more for a better box. The nearest place that carries this is a 3-hour drive, so i'm shipping it and a consideration for me when buying is how well do they ship and hopefully from a publisher who is making something to standup well to what shipping companies are going to do it.

Restoration Games, TMG and Stonemaier know how to make a box. I appreciate not everyone cares about this and also it will affect price point. To the point of shipping damage, this box is much more likely to be damaged in shipping than Ponzi Scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonya
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all but one game I've received from CSI has been just fine, damage free, including my copy of Teotihuacan last month.

the one game that did arrive damaged was Dinosaur Island which was split along the entire edge of the box top within the shrink wrap. I'm not sure what happened to cause that, but I emailed them a picture and got a response within a day. they shipped out a new copy along with a shipping label to send back the damaged one. the new one arrived in pristine condition. I was extremely happy with their service and have since ordered (too) many more games. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Most recent experience: I just received an order from CSI yesterday (5 games and 4 deck boxes). The order was securely packed and everything arrived in excellent condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls