Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

KeyForge: Call of the Archons» Forums » General

Subject: New decks with no shrink wrap?!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased four decks from Barnes and Noble and was surprised to find that two of the four decks of cards had their shrink wrap removed. I registered all four decks and didn't receive any aember, which I presume happens the moment you register a deck for the first time. (I presume that's the condition for "discovering" a deck.)

I've read of instances where deck boxes were opened and resealed and once instance of a deck box being empty, but has anyone seen deck boxes containing loose cards?

I've submitted a ticket to FFG, but I'm also considering returning them to Barnes and Noble since they did not include their digital component.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marcss wrote:
I just purchased four decks from Barnes and Noble and was surprised to find that two of the four decks of cards had their shrink wrap removed. I registered all four decks and didn't receive any aember, which I presume happens the moment you register a deck for the first time. (I presume that's the condition for "discovering" a deck.)

I've read of instances where deck boxes were opened and resealed and once instance of a deck box being empty, but has anyone seen deck boxes containing loose cards?

I've submitted a ticket to FFG, but I'm also considering returning them to Barnes and Noble since they did not include their digital component.
Someone opened and scanned them in the stores. Report all of this information to FFG and maybe the person who got credit for the original scan will get banned from OP.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not even necessary to de-shrink the deck to scan it (which is the BIG complaint about how it's currently done -- even just turning that card to its flip side forces opening of the internal pack to get the scan).

So, the fact that the interior portions were de-shrunk AND the decks had previously been scanned means you have dishonest people living near you who frequent that B&N, either as "patrons" or employees.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
It's not even necessary to de-shrink the deck to scan it (which is the BIG complaint about how it's currently done -- even just turning that card to its flip side forces opening of the internal pack to get the scan).

So, the fact that the interior portions were de-shrunk AND the decks had previously been scanned means you have dishonest people living near you who frequent that B&N, either as "patrons" or employees.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.
Yeah, I was surprised to find the shrink removed. I guess they didn't trust their ability to eyeball the deck list and needed to play to see if it was a bad deck?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They also might have bought a pack, put in an old deck they didn't want, and returned it.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
They also might have bought a pack, put in an old deck they didn't want, and returned it.
Seems far more likely than someone removing the wrapper to scan them given they can be scanned without removing the shrink. The package design is highly vulnerable to repackaging.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
They also might have bought a pack, put in an old deck they didn't want, and returned it.
Probably this!
From now on I will open any new box in front of the FLGS clerk directly at the purchase and demand seeing the wrap intact.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not wrap. The flap at the bottom. But if someone glued it well, you won’t be able to see the difference anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gaaloechild wrote:
Asmor wrote:
They also might have bought a pack, put in an old deck they didn't want, and returned it.
Probably this!
From now on I will open any new box in front of the FLGS clerk directly at the purchase and demand seeing the wrap intact.
If you don't trust your FLGS to keep things intact... I'd find a new FLGS. Most FLGSs keep their Card game stuff 'behind the counter' where only an employee could reasonably get to it

This incident was in a Barnes & Noble, where the product is out on the shelves for anyone to touch and manipulate without oversight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
If you don't trust your FLGS to keep things intact... I'd find a new FLGS. Most FLGSs keep their Card game stuff 'behind the counter' where only an employee could reasonably get to it

This incident was in a Barnes & Noble, where the product is out on the shelves for anyone to touch and manipulate without oversight.
Don't some game stores (friendly or otherwise) accept boardgame returns? If so, that's a big risk with this particular game. Some might accept returns before realizing that, and might stop only after someone alerts them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would clearly contact FFG and the B&N store and inform them of the incident. Maybe B&N will stop accepting returned KF items. And if this happens in store, maybe the culprit is caught on CCTV.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls