Subject: Deliver Gems AND Apples on same turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both seekers are within reach of the castle. Each has two apples and two gems. Can they move to the castle carrying everything, and complete both deliveries on one turn, or do they have to choose to carry apples or gems, and leave the other four on the board when they return to camp?

I know I can't collect both *trophies* that same turn. Just curious about the actual deliveries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not true that you can only move one seeker at a time. When you perform the move action, both of them get to move.

I think you could do this, but it would only make sense to do so during the grand finale, where you could get two trophies (and possibly a third for getting pies or magic cards).

Edit for clarification. A single seeker needs to bring all four apples or gems. So for your example, neither seeker would deliver anything. Instead, if one seeker had 4 gems, and the other had 4 apples, then you could do the double delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Krahn
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you any different."
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that would result in two trophies in one turn, which cannot happen outside of the grand finale. You would have to choose one or the other and leave the rest on the board.

"A player must move their Seeker(s) so they transport a total of exactly 4 gems (gem delivery trophy) or 4 apples (apple delivery trophy) onto the Castle Everfree space." (Note OR, not AND/OR)

"You may earn only 1 trophy on your turn until the tournament’s grand finale (see “How to Win”). Only the Pie Fight Victory trophy may be earned outside of your turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it--thanks. Looked a little farther and found this just above "How to Win."

"Trophy Limit:
Until the grand finale, you may only earn up to 1 trophy on your turn. If you qualify for more than 1 trophy, you must choose 1 and defer the others to be earned on a future turn (assuming you still meet the criteria)."

So it's possible to "qualify" for two trophies in a turn, but you can only claim one. If you qualify by completing a second quest and hitting 8 friendship in the process, you could take the Friendship trophy on that turn, and then pick up the Two Quests trophy automatically on the next (because you'd still have them and "meet the criteria"). But with deliveries it wouldn't work that way--I'd have to claim the gem trophy, and the apple delivery wouldn't carry over, because the delivery trophy condition doesn't persist the way having Two Completed Quests would.

So, can I carry 4 gems and 4 apples into the castle on the same turn, even though I'll only get the gem trophy and the apples will go to waste, just to make sure I don't leave them on the board for someone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainexpert wrote:
So, can I carry 4 gems and 4 apples into the castle on the same turn, even though I'll only get the gem trophy and the apples will go to waste, just to make sure I don't leave them on the board for someone else?
You could, but that is likely not worthwhile. I have found pie fights are rare. And if you did this and sent two seekers to your base camp, you still only get the rejuvenation bonus once (so still only 2 pies or 1 magic card).

Moreover, one thing I overlooked with the rejuvenation (returning to base camp), is that you remove your action token open from your player mat. This allows you to move again on your next turn, so you could deliver the apples on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't the apples stay on the floor in this case? I don't think this denies the apple delivery to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you delivered the gems, the apples would stay one space away from the castle (or portal) to be picked up by another player or yourself in a future turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m trying to figure out whether a player can deliver both apples and gems, even though only one trophy may be earned on that turn, and the trophy for the second delivery is "deferred" per the rules.

If it's permissible to make a double delivery in the final round to earn two trophies, is it permissible to make a double delivery in an earlier round to earn one trophy?

In the scenario I encountered playing with the kids yesterday, the gems/apples are split between my two seekers. I'm going to have to move both of them into the castle and send them back to base either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoby Chou
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Bonjour & Hello!
badge
Do what you love for someone you love. =)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your question and everyone who helped out. Both seekers move independently so if one has all 4 gems and the other has all 4 apples and both can deliver then there’s nothing stopping you from doing that. But only ONE trophy may be earned unless it’s the Grande Finale.

Pro tip: remember that when you complete a delivery, your action token is removed from your player board right?

If you have enough for both types of deliveries but all the gems and apples are completely mixed up between your two Seekers then you’d need to use both Seekers to either make an apple or gem delivery.

Let me know if that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Wolfe
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hoby! Thanks all!

Thumb up