Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was reading over the update for today and saw this.

"While we currently plan on all of the $1M stretch goal game variants working with the regular collector’s edition as well as the Super CE edition, it’s possible that some variants might work better if you have all of the player color city sets that you’ll get with the Super CE level."

So does that mean that if I don't have the version with all 20 colors and their boards that I won't be able to play some of the variants that will be included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the sentence is pretty clear? I'm not sure anyone can add anything to it that isn't already stated. It sounds like a 'maybe' to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
personally I don't think they are putting a lot of effort into these variants. I'm not holding my breath or making judgement calls about the product on the variants.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
especially when double market isn't one of the variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmbmb
Hello

I specifically asked that: you can play all the variants without pledging the Super level. As they answered is something like the playgame is more "smooth" or so.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KiwiSteve Krazy
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Surely all you will need to do is make a cardboard template or two if you really need an extra player board for a variant.
Doesn't seem a good argument to buy then full colour spectrum to me. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
wtf there's a Super level we can pledge at now!??! I back and forget usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondered if it was really necessary and/or worth the extra cash just to have more player colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis dlc
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
wtf there's a Super level we can pledge at now!??! I back and forget usually.
I was wondering why did they 'inform' me about my "responsabilities" as a backer.

I see now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis dlc
Panama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillicanDarque wrote:
Was reading over the update for today and saw this.

"While we currently plan on all of the $1M stretch goal game variants working with the regular collector’s edition as well as the Super CE edition, it’s possible that some variants might work better if you have all of the player color city sets that you’ll get with the Super CE level."

So does that mean that if I don't have the version with all 20 colors and their boards that I won't be able to play some of the variants that will be included?

No.

This has been discussed before. Check the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted William
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at the Feb. 5 Update 21.

Bezier illustrates the start point of one the their variants. The CE version shows one borough board with two extra tiles placed on an 'imaginary' grid.

The Super CE version of this same variant shows the start point using three borough boards. The 'imaginary' grid is not necessary in this case.

Really, If you have to have 'everything', even if it is inconsequential, then the Super CE is a good option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nelson
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluenote23 wrote:
Take a look at the Feb. 5 Update 21.

Bezier illustrates the start point of one the their variants. The CE version shows one borough board with two extra tiles placed on an 'imaginary' grid.

The Super CE version of this same variant shows the start point using three borough boards. The 'imaginary' grid is not necessary in this case.

Really, If you have to have 'everything', even if it is inconsequential, then the Super CE is a good option.
I think this is the answer and information that I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls