Hide
4 Posts

The Devil's Bedpost» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about The alarm clock, The howling wind, and the bed bug rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Garc
msg tools
First question: The card for The alarm clock has a value of 2 and the howling has a value of 1, so if the effect is activated would be 2+ points for each card or only +2 points for the pair because if the effect in one card is activated that means the effect in the other card will be activated too.

Second question: When I play the bed bug, and the other player plays a card with a special action like the dog. Do I swap the card after he executes the special action, or I swap the card first and I execute the special action of the card swapped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First question: The card for The alarm clock has a value of 2 and the howling has a value of 1, so if the effect is activated would be 2+ points for each card or only +2 points for the pair because if the effect in one card is activated that means the effect in the other card will be activated too.

+2 for each card yes (both are activated at the same time. i know this is a little quirky)

Second question: When I play the bed bug, and the other player plays a card with a special action like the dog. Do I swap the card after he executes the special action, or I swap the card first and I execute the special action of the card swapped

1. the other player has played first so their action is executed
2. then you play the bed bug
3. then you swap cards and you do not execute the action (this swap is for points only. ex. swapping the bug for the Alarm Clock when you already have the Howling)

thanks for giving the game a try. it is one of my weirder ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Garc
msg tools
Thank you for your answers and for the amazing game. Another thing that comes to my mind is the order the ghosts are moved, maybe could be stated that should start with the ghost in counter clockwise direction. Because if two ghosts are together they will only swap positions and stay in the same position if it's up to the player decision which one you move first. Or maybe that's all right and it's a strategic move . Great quick game pick and pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really glad you like the game.

And yes the Ghost rule is as it is to let players make decisions about their placements. you are right that two ghosts would just swap.

If this game is ever picked up for publication I will see what a publisher might have to say. For now I will leave it as is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls