Crystal Clans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is i legal to summon units this way? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say that i am the starting player an the initiative marker are on the 0 spot. Is it legal to summon 3 creatures at once to form a unit or do I have to do it one at a time? Ex. I summon a creatures that Coast 3 initiatives so the marker goes to the apponents 2 initiative spot May i Then summon the last two creatures to form a unit or should i stop? Havent tried the game yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, You can summon up to three units at a time as per the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Problem,

I am kinda getting into this game again as I have played 1 game of Crystal Clans every tuesday for the past three weeks as one player shows up for game night 1 hour before the other ^^.

Ps. Actually a "creature" in this game is called a "unit" and when you have multiple units on the same space, then they are a squad

But Yes, even when you only have 1 initiatve left, it is legal to summon 3 units at once to make a squad and the initiative marker will land way down on the opponnents half of the track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Misner
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Da Senzai wrote:
Can you reference the page please? The videos I've watched that taught me how to play say you can only summon one unit at a time and must stop your turn as soon as the initiative tracker crosses over to your opponent's side. I didn't see anything that said different back when I read the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Berman
United States
Jamison
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_5th_Race wrote:
Can you reference the page please? The videos I've watched that taught me how to play say you can only summon one unit at a time and must stop your turn as soon as the initiative tracker crosses over to your opponent's side. I didn't see anything that said different back when I read the rule book.
Page 5 under Summon:
To perform a summon action, choose up to 3 units from your hand and place them all in your home zone. Pay initiative equal to the totaled summon cost of those units.

You're paying one value at the end of the summon, not an individual cost per summoned unit. Additionally, you only check if the position of the initiative marker to determine whose turn it is at the end of an action. Since the summon action is letting you summon up to 3 units, you get to complete the action before checking whose turn it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Misner
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
jtberman wrote:
The_5th_Race wrote:
Page 5 under Summon:
To perform a summon action, choose up to 3 units from your hand and place them all in your home zone. Pay initiative equal to the totaled summon cost of those units.

You're paying one value at the end of the summon, not an individual cost per summoned unit. Additionally, you only check if the position of the initiative marker to determine whose turn it is at the end of an action. Since the summon action is letting you summon up to 3 units, you get to complete the action before checking whose turn it is.
Ah thanks for the clarification. So just to be clear, it would NOT be legal to summon three units, then with the initiative tracker on your opponent's side, summon more units since that would be another action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Berman
United States
Jamison
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. After you summon your (up to) 3 units and pay for them, your action has concluded, so you check the initiative marker. Since it's now on your opponent's side (as in your example), it becomes your opponent's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
The_5th_Race wrote:
Da Senzai wrote:
I must've seen the same video and frankly, I prefer that version of the rules. I would rather have one or two units per squad and work up from there than 3-stacks all over the place and it's this rule (as it seems to be intended) that killed the game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls