Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if or when the championship decks for 2017 or 2018 are going to be released? We love playing with the 2 that are available so far, and they are especially nice to play on those occasions when the spirit for creating decks, is flagging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2017 champ deck was released in April 2018:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/5/fire-and...

Presumably the 2018 champ deck will be released this coming April, give or take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry! It's the 2016 and 2017 that we have. So I await the 2018 deck and thx for your info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mb
Just announced:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/20/taste-f...

Although funnily enough, the deck is already illegal. There's a new restricted list out that affects it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! With 4 restricted cards in the deck I won't be buying it. Shame though! I was looking forward to it. I shall probably still construct it from the on-line list and replace the restricted cards - just for fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hackwood
United States
Near Lake Superior
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More a general question, but just confirming that unlike the introductory decks these include the appropriate regular faction card as well as banner/agenda cards?

Lion & Wolf (the 2016 deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. All there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mb
Four_Winds wrote:
More a general question, but just confirming that unlike the introductory decks these include the appropriate regular faction card as well as banner/agenda cards?

Lion & Wolf (the 2016 deck)
What do you mean regarding the intro decks? Those all come with the faction card and agenda. No missing cards.

Edit: Maybe you meant the intro decks from a single core set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hackwood
United States
Near Lake Superior
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
Those all come with the faction card and agenda. No missing cards.
Even better - the confusion was that the banner side has a listing on ThronesDB while the faction side does not.

There also seems to be a dearth of reviews for those decks, whether text, images, or videos.
Thanks for the clarification.

I'd missed this sentence on the FFG site for them:
Quote:
Each of these carefully constructed decks contains a full sixty-card deck, as well as seven plots, a faction card, and a copy of the Fealty agenda (Core Set, 27) with House-specific alternate art.
In hindsight it makes sense for the decks to have faction cards, but from the packaging I thought it might be just the cover of an included rulebook if not merely a slip of paper for cheaper packaging purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hackwood
United States
Near Lake Superior
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Between the 2016 & (upcoming 2018) decks along with the Lannister & Stark intro decks, the deluxe boxes (Wolves of the North/Casterly Rock) for those factions seem almost redundant.
I'll probably pick up the Martell box and call it quits other than intro decks plus maybe a few more chapter packs, and try trading for other cards.

So far in a binder I'm using about (9) nine-pocket pages for duplicates/unused cards from each deluxe box, three pages for chapter packs, and two pages for intro decks.
I ended up with a lot of duplicates from Stark for the Core set and the deluxe box, and now I wish I'd skipped my last two chapter pack choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls