Subject: 7 Wonders Duel - Triumvirate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Proctor
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wrote some rules for a 3-player version. My youngest son & I have played several times, but there is no way to work in my older son.

Copied the trading rules from this post as I arrived at the same conclusion.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1526497/7-wonders-truel-var...

7 Wonders Triumvirate

SETUP

The military tracking board is not used. The military shield and red -2 & -5 military loss markers are used.

Six progress tokens are used. Choose the LAW progress token. Randomly choose 5 more progress tokens as usual, and place all six within reach of all players.

The person with the closest birthday coming up is player 1. The person with the next birthday is player 2. This determines the direction of play for the remainder of the game.

Put the military tokens in the middle of the table.

Deal out four wonders. Player 1 chooses a wonder card. Player 2 chooses a wonder then player 3. The fourth wonder is discarded. Deal four more wonders. Player 2 chooses first, then player 3, and finally player 1. Discard the fourth wonder
Repeat this process a third time with player 3 choosing first.

AGE I
Setup the AGE I card array as normal. (Pyramid shape)
Give the remaining 3 cards to Player 3. They choose one of these cards and keep it face down. Return the other 2 cards to the box.
Play begins with Player 1 and proceeds to Player 2, then Player 3. This could be clockwise or counter-clockwise. Each player chooses a card from the array as normal.
Player 3 plays their face down card whenever they choose in place of taking a card from the array. The card is played normally (build, discard, wonder).

AGE II
Setup the AGE II card array as normal. (Reverse pyramid)
Give the remaining 3 cards to Player 1. They choose one of these cards and keep it face down. Return the other 2 cards to the box.
Play begins with Player 2 and proceeds to Player 3, then Player 1.
Player 1 plays their face down card whenever they choose in place of taking a card from the array. The card is played normally (build, discard, wonder).

AGE III
Place all of the guild cards into the AGE III deck and shuffle.
Setup the AGE III card array as a diamond shape. Place 3 more cards face down on the middle row in the spaces normally left empty in the two player game. Five cards should be on the middle row.
Give the remaining 4 cards to Player 2. They choose one of these cards and keep it face down. Return the other 3 cards to the box.
Play begins with Player 3 and proceeds to Player 1, then Player 2.
Player 2 plays their face down card whenever they choose in place of taking a card from the array. The card is played normally (build, discard, wonder).

TRADING
Trading costs are set by the player with the most of that resource.
A player needs to purchase a stone and a glass.
The left neighbor has 2 stone.
The right neighbor has 1 stone and 1 glass.
Cost 2+2 extra for the stone. 2+1 extra for the glass.

WONDERS

Only 7 wonders may be built. So at least 2 wonders will remain unbuilt.

SCIENCE

Only 5 symbols are needed for a Scientific Supremacy win. (Remember the LAW token is always an option in Triumvirate.)

MILITARY
Military battles are fought between ages as normal. However, all three players battle each other similar to the base 7 Wonders game. Each player compares shields with their neighbor. If a player has more shields (red cards) showing they win the battle. Less shields they lose. Ties have no effect.

Military victories increase in value after each age.
AGE I Defeated pays 1 coin to the victor. Victor takes 2 coins from the bank.
AGE II Defeated pays 2 coins to the victor. Victor gets 2 victory points. (Take a red -2 coins military defeat token to mark this.They're good now!)
AGE III Defeated pays 3 coins to the victor. Victor gets 5 victory points. (Take a red -5 coins military defeat token to mark this. They're great now!)

The victor with the most shields is paid first. If two victors have the same number of shields the victor that went first in this age gets paid first. If a player does not have the coins to pay the victors they pay all they have remaining.

At the end of AGE I Adam and Betty have no shields. Charlie has 3 shields. Charlie receives a coin from Adam and a coin from Betty. He takes 4 coins from the bank. (2 for each win.)

At the end of AGE II Adam has 5 shields and Betty has 4 shields. Charlie has 3 shields, but only 3 coins.
Charlie pays Adam 2 coins. Betty gets 1 coin. Betty and Adam each receive 2 victory points.

At the end of AGE III Adam has 8 shields and Betty has 8 shields. Charlie has 3 shields but only 2 coins. Betty went first in this age. She receives 2 coins from Charlie. Adam gets none. Betty and Adam each receive 5 victory points.

A Military Supremacy win occurs when a player reaches 18 shields. The shield bonus from the Strategy progress token counts towards a military supremacy victory.

DIPLOMACY
The red Conflict Pawn is now the Diplomacy Pawn.

Once during each age a player may choose to discard a red card in order to take the Diplomacy Pawn. If the player going last during this age is holding a red card they may reveal and discard that card if the pawn is still available. The first player to take the pawn keeps it until the end of the age.
At the end of the current age the player with the Diplomacy Pawn is not involved in military battle. The other two players battle using the military rules stated above.

Return the Diplomacy Pawn to the center of the table at the start of the next age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The military loss tokens are differnet sizes depending on their values, is it intended that you can choose which value to flip? Maybe flip a coin each instead and whoever flips odd (whatever the other two don't flip) goes third or first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Proctor
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
The military loss tokens are differnet sizes depending on their values, is it intended that you can choose which value to flip? Maybe flip a coin each instead and whoever flips odd (whatever the other two don't flip) goes third or first.
Heh. :D
They sure are.
Edited with a birthday option for determining player order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls