Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Vindication: Leaders & Alliances» Forums » General

Subject: KS for Expansion shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milan
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fortunate to be part of the orginal KS but now notice that an expansion has been KS'd less than 2 months after the delivery of the base game.
two things:
1. I feel this was always part of the plan so feel a bit cheated
2. The cost of shipping the expansion is expensive. Does anyone else feel that.

So finally, not sure if I want to spend over 50€ for an expansion which has little detail....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, I don't feel cheated. I'm sure this expansion release was always the plan and that's okay with me. Did you want the expansion material provided in the base game or perhaps offered as an additional pledge level of the original Kickstarter? This wouldn't be possible because the expansion contains a few things the original backers ended up asking for after the game was in the wild. Plus this new Kickstarter can put 100% focus on the expansion content without it being lumped in with the base game and becoming stretch goal overload. Plus, once this is all said an done it will be close to a year between when I got the base game and when I'll get the expansion, thats plenty of time between for me.

2. I wish the overall cost was a little lower yes. I will end up paying $30 for the game and another $10 to ship it for a total price of $40. Considering I only spent $60 on the original kickstarter and $5 shipping this seems a little steep. My guess is they learned what it really costs to ship and I'm sure its very expensive. But in the end I think it will be totally worth it for the expansion content so I can't wait!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Just to clarify for others as easily confused as me....
The original KS for Vindication has not shipped yet.
The expansion KS is scheduled to run 2 months after the expecteddelivery date of the original game. At least I hope that is the case.
I backed the original KS and after reading this post thought it had shipped
and I had not received mine. surprise
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Just to clarify for others as easily confused as me....
The original KS for Vindication has not shipped yet.
The expansion KS is scheduled to run 2 months after the expecteddelivery date of the original game. At least I hope that is the case.
I backed the original KS and after reading this post thought it had shipped
and I had not received mine. surprise
You should contact them. I got mine a LONG time ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Just to clarify for others as easily confused as me....
The original KS for Vindication has not shipped yet.
The expansion KS is scheduled to run 2 months after the expecteddelivery date of the original game. At least I hope that is the case.
I backed the original KS and after reading this post thought it had shipped
and I had not received mine. surprise
You should contact them. I got mine a LONG time ago.
Oh sh*t.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Just to clarify for others as easily confused as me....
The original KS for Vindication has not shipped yet.
The expansion KS is scheduled to run 2 months after the expecteddelivery date of the original game. At least I hope that is the case.
I backed the original KS and after reading this post thought it had shipped
and I had not received mine. surprise
I've had my copy of Vindication for quite some time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
...

You should contact them. I got mine a LONG time ago.
DC680 wrote:
....

I've had my copy of Vindication for quite some time.
Uh, just to be sure we are on the same page, are you referring the game "Vindication" from the most recent Feb. 2019 kickstarter;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangenebula/vindicatio...

or "Vindication (Formerly "Epoch the Awakening") from the 2017 kickstarter?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangenebula/epoch-the-...

This KS update from May 29 2019 says that the game is set to ship to backers October 2019.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangenebula/vindicatio...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was referring to the original 2017 KS. The second KS was for the expansion (and reprint) that was mentioned in the original post.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
I was referring to the original 2017 KS. The second KS was for the expansion (and reprint) that was mentioned in the original post.
Ahhh...my mistake. To my relief.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna admit, got a bit lost in this thread. Seems like Jeff sorted out all the things but just to be extra doubly super duper clear:

The original Vindication Kickstarter was in 2017 and fulfilled Oct-Nov 2018.

The few extra copies we were able to print from that first print run sold out almost immediately so...

The second Vindication Kickstarter (and the expansion) was in Feb 2019 with estimated delivery of October 2019. We are a bit ahead of schedule but nothing has been delivered yet.

If there is anyone from the 2017 Kickstarter who has not received their rewards please email groundcontrol@orangenebula.com so we can figure out what-the-heck and get you taken care of!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls