Subject: Colony Points and Bases query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
When working out how many Colony Points you can muster for placing a colony the list is headed with the comment '(each item eligible only once)'.

I assume that is intended to stop you claiming multiple Colony Points from the same item, i.e. if you had two 'nearby' colonies you would only get to claim 1 CP.

However, I did wonder whether this was also aimed at stopping you using the same base twice to qualify for different items in the list, particularly the two 'Bases' items you can get CP's for - '2 or more bases in the region' and 'if there is an Industrial base in the region'.

Could the Industrial base count against each qualifying item? I.e. you have two bases in a region and one of them is Industrial can you count that in each criteria or can each base only be counted against one CP qualifying criteria because of the ' that precluded by the 'each item eligible only once' clause?

Hope that made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin O'Brien
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reckon there would be something explicit in the process for generating colony points if you were meant to remember what you had used earlier. I would take 2CP in the scenario you provided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 2 CPs.

Do you have 2 or more bases? Get 1 CP.
Do you have an industrial base? Get 1 CP.

OR, as an example...
Do you have 2 or more bases? Get 1 CP.
Are they both Industrial bases? Get 1 CP (that's where you can't use that particular one twice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Ivry-sur-Seine
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hello to you too, have a nice day. ^_^
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Are they both Industrial bases? Get 1 CP (that's where you can't use that particular one twice).
Or more simply to signify that you only get 1 CP even if you have 4 bases in the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls