13 Posts

HATE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who starts the next clash rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If I start the clash choosing the area on the map and hence am attacker and the other player the second battle; who goes first (as attacker) in the next clash? Does it just continue with me going first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
Australia
flag msg tools
You randomise attacker at the start of each clash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So even if someone is selecting the Clash they might not go first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You mean the location on the map, my understanding of that is that the attacker does that, so it may be the case that due to chance you never pick the map location and never start as the attacker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Muralhas
Portugal
flag msg tools
Every clash in which you start as defender in the first battle, you are going to be the attacker and choose the area in the second battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mb
RowleyBirkinQC wrote:
So even if someone is selecting the Clash they might not go first?
Someone doesn't really selecting a clash, both players agree to play a clash where they are involved regarding to the clash table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmb
A clash consists of 2 battles. The attacker in battle 1 is the defender in the second battle and vice versa.

The random thing is which player starts as the attacker in battle 1 and then takes the role of the defender in battle 2.

The attacker of each battle chooses the land he wants to attack.

There is not an "attacker of the clash". Because in a clash both players get to be the attacker and may choose a land to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mighty_scoop wrote:
A clash consists of 2 battles. The attacker in battle 1 is the defender in the second battle and vice versa.

The random thing is which player starts as the attacker in battle 1 and the takes the role of the defender in battle 2.

There is not an "attacker of the clash". Because in a clash both players get to be the attacker and may choose a land to attack.
You've made this clear, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheers, helps clear things up for me a bit. But I am still a bit unsure on the location selection, do both the attacker and defender choose map location to battle or both fight for same location but choose different scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You choose the location of the first area and battle, then on the second battle your opponent gets to choose an area in fitting with the rules around this choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Sandoval
El Salvador
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mighty_scoop wrote:

The random thing is which player starts as the attacker in battle 1 and then takes the role of the defender in battle 2.

They got to replay the same scenario?? Or just follow the escenario selection rules? (adjacent to my territories,etc,etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Velibor Janosevic
msg tools
mbmbmb
piratarobert wrote:
mighty_scoop wrote:

They got to replay the same scenario?? Or just follow the escenario selection rules? (adjacent to my territories,etc,etc)
This is from rulebook:

NOTE:The same scenario cannot be chosen for both Battles of a Clash.

-The Territory must be adjacent to one of the Attacker’s controlled Territories (they must share a border).
- The Territory must either be controlled by the Defender or be an unclaimed Territory.
- Home Territories may never be designated as a target (not even those not picked by any Tribe)

This is not from rulebook:

Every clash randomly determine who goes first as attacker.
Clash consists of two battles.
Attacker choose scenario for 1-st battle of the clash and territory which will be reword for winner(defender can Win and then this territory is his)
Defender becomes the attacker in second battle so now he choose scenario to play and territory.(if he won as defender he can choose territory adjacent to his new territory that he won previous battle)
End of battle
Intermission
End of clash

And you can red this message again (at the start of every clash )

New clash starts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mb
Wow. I mean, there are a lot of things left open by the rules, but if THIS confuses you (which is all clearly stated in the rules), you are in for quite a ride...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls