Henrique Ribeiro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card 'Lightning Rune' --Mage*Runemaster says:

*'Before resolving this action, you may exhaust another activation card...
*'if you defeated an enemy during this activation, you may ready 1 OTHER card'

So my question is, if i use attack and decide exhaust explorer , after resolving I defeat a enemy...NOW.... The designer used the word OTHER and no ANOTHER like almost cards...so i guess we only ready a activation card which was not exhausted in the previous action(attack and explorer. Otherwise he would have used the word ANOTHER again. So in this situation you only have de AID card to ready if you want..

ITs correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dirk stouten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played that card yet but I would understand that you can ready any card of your hero, except the card where this text is printed on.

It also mentions 'may', so it's not obligatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted "other" as meaning "any card except this attack action card which you exhausted for the attack." I do not believe "other" is referring to cards you exhausted secondarily to augment Lightning Rune's power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Ribeiro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just curious and strange, just in this case of all the cards of heroes they have decided to use a different word. ended up confusing me and thinking that they will have another intention for this card specific.
despite this, thanks for the answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drake
msg tools
mbmbmb
You were not the only one.
In my group we decided all except the attack card.
Nice to see, we were not alone with our interpretation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Ribeiro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now its official!
FFG says:
'''With Lightning Rune, if you defeated an enemy during that activation, you can ready an activation card other than Lightning Rune itself. The use of “another” in the first part was meant to mean in addition to Lightning Rune itself (since you are exhausting it to use it) while “other” in the second part is just meant to exclude Lightning Rune (so you can’t ready Lightning Rune with its own effect). The card you ready can be the card you exhausted to boost Lightning Rune, but it does not have to be. I can see where the ambiguity comes from, though!'''
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls