Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the opening scenario of FA as a true solo Jenny. Not a chance, I tried three times on standard.

Built around Arcane Studies and Hard Knocks able to pump any skill test, fuelled by Burglary, Lone Wolf and Jennys signature ability. It kind of worked out, but I always had to spend a lot of resources on tests, so I wasn‘t able to play the .38 or .45 ever. Also, bad token draws and most unfortunate encounter deck draws.

So hard as a true solo. And I don‘t want to build a pure evade deck just for the first scenario. Any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a weapon in play is much more important than those Talents. Even though Jenny is rich, it's still usually a better bet to boost a needed Skill using Commit and spend those Resources on other Assets and Events. I had the same thought when Jenny came along, that a couple Talents make her great at everything, but it costs time as well as Resources (and even took a little of your precious splash), and it's just not cost effective.

Also, of course, I'm a big believer in Easy - same game, slightly more forgiving Chaos Bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien Dupuis
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's totally fine in Forgotten Age to resign. If you are looking at winning every scenario, you will be really sad. I ran a true solo Ursula in FA. Had to resign in the first scenario after doing my best, but I just kept on going to the next scenario. You win some, you lose some. It's really hard in true solo to have a deck that will answer the unique challenges of every scenario in a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Danner
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenny could use all the income she can get, you might consider Lone wolf, and even better Milan C, who boosts intellect with his resource bonus. You might off class 2 Machetes until you upgrade to better weapons, like the Lv 2 switchblade.

* Just saw your lone wolf out in play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to spend all resources on talents and you can't play her weapons, it's not really working. Although for FA a build relying on evasion might be useful on more scenarios than just the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ezhaeu wrote:
It's totally fine in Forgotten Age to resign. If you are looking at winning every scenario, you will be really sad.
Yeah, if I'm playing Jenny in FA, whatever else might be in my deck, I'll be sure to have "I'm Outta Here" x2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls