Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/aeons-end-th...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
"The show must go wrong."
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Backer 36
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed. Legacy was amazing and I have high hopes for the new expedition system. IMHO exacttly what the "normal game" needed. Some kind of campaign to give casual games more meaning..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Belgium
flag msg tools
Netslummer wrote:
Backer 36
I thought I was 36 surprise
Where do you see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't do legacy games, but I'm absolutely up for a campaign system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JMar wrote:
Netslummer wrote:
Backer 36
Where do you see?
On your backed projects, you can 'View more pledge info' and see it there.

I'm backer 182! (Although I'm just in to comment and get updates (playtester), but I'm positive I'll be getting some of the new addons though!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lund
United States
Saint Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! And by the time I finish typing this comment, I bet it will be funded...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Belgium
flag msg tools
32!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
So undecided.. I have AE + WE.. I passed on legacy, it didnt feel very solid...

I want the nemesis, and characters.. but I dont need more gems, sparks and junk cards, I have plenty from the first two sets.

I think I'll be passing on this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyCactus wrote:

I want the nemesis, and characters.. but I dont need more gems, sparks and junk cards, I have plenty from the first two sets.

I'm on the exact same boat. I'd really like the new contents (proper co-op with comboing off each other !) but not at this price.
I really don't like how this is a standalone game, when it could be an expansion avoiding asking us to pay yet again for basic stuff. That's clearly a marketing choice to be able to bring more players on board, but it also means faithful players are being milked for more money without added value (like AEG went for the captain is dead, another great game, by the way).
I think it's good feedback to the project leaders that I will not back this because of the extra cost. I'd gladly back a non-standalone expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
I don't do legacy games, but I'm absolutely up for a campaign system.
The campaign system that Kevin has created is a lot of fun. It has an interesting story and the campaign keeps moving, increasing the challenge as you go through it. And you can reset it and do it again as often as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyCactus wrote:

How much stuff gets repeated? Some sparks and gems. The turn order cards and I suppose the player aids, so maybe 50 cards. 1 token sheet of breaches and tokens, which could still be handy if you lose any. And 2 dials. I suppose the box, but that always serves for storage. Everything else would be new. I don't feel like that is a whole lot of "wasted" content. Especially if you keep the mages pre-built, like I like to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
Especially if you keep the mages pre-built, like I like to do.
Yeah I was thinking to myself when I read his comment 'Um, I bought extra gems and sparks to have everything pre-built. What is this "plenty" of which he speaks'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
BloodyCactus wrote:

I'm on the exact same boat. I'd really like the new contents (proper co-op with comboing off each other !) but not at this price.
I really don't like how this is a standalone game, when it could be an expansion avoiding asking us to pay yet again for basic stuff. That's clearly a marketing choice to be able to bring more players on board, but it also means faithful players are being milked for more money without added value (like AEG went for the captain is dead, another great game, by the way).
I think it's good feedback to the project leaders that I will not back this because of the extra cost. I'd gladly back a non-standalone expansion.
A typical small expansion costs $15 and includes 1-3 Breach mages and 1-2 nemeses. A typical core box costs $35 and includes 8 Breach Mages and 4 nemeses. For an extra $5 over the cost of two small expansions, you get 4 extra breach mages and a new set of basic nemeses cards. All the other stuff (sparks, crystals, etc.) is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BloodyCactus wrote:
It was a mistake..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
BloodyCactus wrote:

If we broke up the content in the base pledge including the stretch goals we have planned into non-standalone expansions, it would be 5 or 6 $20 expansions. Even if you got them online for $15, this is still a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go ---
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
those shipping rates are insane though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
I think this is going to be the first AE kickstarter I skip. It's $10+ more than all 3 previous KS and based on retail prices, it would be much cheaper to buy in retail than to back this. Previous KS were about break-even, but you got extra value from the exclusives.

So my thinking is: are the exclusives worth an extra $10 to me? Not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:
I think this is going to be the first AE kickstarter I skip. It's $10+ more than all 3 previous KS and based on retail prices, it would be much cheaper to buy in retail than to back this. Previous KS were about break-even, but you got extra value from the exclusives.

So my thinking is: are the exclusives worth an extra $10 to me? Not really.
There is more content in this one. The MSRP will be higher in retail than previous games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
"The show must go wrong."
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
JMar wrote:
Netslummer wrote:
Backer 36
Where do you see?
in your email confirmation. When I clicked to back I should've been 11!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
nicklittle wrote:

There is more content in this one. The MSRP will be higher in retail than previous games.
Good to hear, I'm probably back on the bandwagon if I can get the budget for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth
msg tools
Managed to be backer 89.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preet Tohvi
msg tools
I never in a million years thought that I'd spend money on New Age magic crystals that can be used for healing, but this Kickstarter made me do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls