Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bruder
United States
Rocky River
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So this happened last night in my first playthrough/learning game: I had just placed a discover tile on Luna and then on the next turn, the competition builds a base. Does my team get kicked off the discovery tile and sent back to earth? What if I didn't have the discovery tile, would I still get kicked out? I know you kick the competition out if you place a base, but I can't find anything in the rules about what happens to one of my Teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Your team stays in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
You also get compensated with 2T I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved from General to Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
See solo rules p13, Site Action: "Your teams at the site have no effect and are not affected."

.. and see p11, Exploration Claim: "if the competition places a base at a site where a discovery tile is currently claimed by one of your teams, you gain 2T profit."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Ivry-sur-Seine
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Hello to you too, have a nice day. ^_^
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, making the effort to understand the intent behind a rule helps memorizing it. Here is how I understood this one (rightly or wrongly, but it helps me remembering it...)

Your teams are there to move across the board. You need to be present somewhere to act, so either you have some people there (a base is required to produce, not a team), or you have an exploring team. Therefore you need to move your teams across the board to be able to act.
When you explore a region, you get first claim. If the Competition establishes a base before you, then you get compensated for your claim. But you remain there : your team will then be able to move further.

For the competition, there is no movement. It justs sends its teams away through the cards events, as far as it wants to. So once you've built a base somewhere, there is no purpose for it to keep a team there. Nothing could be achieved by it.
So this team is removed and goes back in the reserve to be sent somewhere else. Of course if the competition had first claim when you built your base, it will receive the compensation before sending the team back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The slightly frustrating thing about this situation is that in order to move your gazumped team somewhere useful you first have to move it to a site containing one of your bases. (Unlike the multiplayer game, you can't use the competition base for movement; movement is always to or from one of your own bases.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls