Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The moment a lot of us have been waiting for

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/aeons-end-th...

On Kickstarter till Thu, March 14 2019 9:00 PM PDT

Already Funded of course surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go ---
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
those shipping rates are insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have barely scratched all the Aeons end stuff I already have... but looks neat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gole11216 wrote:
Ya, I am curious on what the weight is on an ALL-IN pledge. Is it that much more than a $16 ALL-In Hero Realms? 7th Continent was a pretty solid box and was about $15 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gacayon wrote:
gole11216 wrote:
Ya, I am curious on what the weight is on an ALL-IN pledge. Is it that much more than a $16 ALL-In Hero Realms? 7th Continent was a pretty solid box and was about $15 bucks.
It could be 'Dimensional Weight' - shipping for a large, but not heavy box is calculated as if the weight was higher based on the dimensions of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Gacayon wrote:
gole11216 wrote:
It could be 'Dimensional Weight' - shipping for a large, but not heavy box is calculated as if the weight was higher based on the dimensions of the box.
Could be. People forget sea freight is purely a logistical cost by how many units you can fit into a shipping container, ground transport usually similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping kills this KS for me ($30 for a $70 game!), but it's great to see it getting a lot of support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the off chance this was relevant to me...

If I, a person with no Aeon's End games, wanted to get all the content minus Legacy, which I'm not interested in, I would want to pledge at the "two waves" level, right? What would I miss out with Buried Secrets then?

I've never quite figured out what all Aeon's End actually entails. :B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be able to add Buried Secrets in the Pledge Manager. It has a ton of market cards, some particularly nasty basic nemesis cards, and the Blitz turn order card.

But Legacy is also worth playing. I was skeptical. I've only just started with the campaign, but I'm convinced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go ---
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
abredon wrote:
Gacayon wrote:
gole11216 wrote:
Could be. People forget sea freight is purely a logistical cost by how many units you can fit into a shipping container, ground transport usually similar.
maybe. I am not an experienced KS backer but I pledged for the KDM Gambler's Chest last year, which is supposed to be ridiculously big and heavy and I paid $20 for shipping. Paying $55 for a bunch of cards is insane and an easy pass for me, especially because the full KS pledge is not a huge difference compare to retail prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only problem I see with this game is it won't fit into one box. I just ordered the Broken Token insert for the 2nd edition game plus all the expansions. I know that The War Eternal will also fit with all the expansions but now with a third entry I'm positive all the content won't fit into one box. At this point I am wonder if I should hold off for the Complete Aeon's End Edition with ALL the content in one box like what was done with Mage Knight, or will they release a HUGE box that will fit EVERYTHING like they have for Sentinels of the Multiverse?
I love the game but I want all the content in ONE box and can do without the Legacy version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teufelhunden333 wrote:
The only problem I see with this game is it won't fit into one box. I just ordered the Broken Token insert for the 2nd edition game plus all the expansions. I know that The War Eternal will also fit with all the expansions but now with a third entry I'm positive all the content won't fit into one box. At this point I am wonder if I should hold off for the Complete Aeon's End Edition with ALL the content in one box like what was done with Mage Knight, or will they release a HUGE box that will fit EVERYTHING like they have for Sentinels of the Multiverse?
I love the game but I want all the content in ONE box and can do without the Legacy version of the game.
Speaking of all these cards and the storage issue , If you were to have everything Aeon's End (Basically Builder & Destroyer + All Add-Ons), How many cards are we looking at here?

Do you all recommend sleeving them, and if so what type & size do you suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gacayon wrote:
Teufelhunden333 wrote:
Speaking of all these cards and the storage issue , If you were to have everything Aeon's End (Basically Builder & Destroyer + All Add-Ons), How many cards are we looking at here?

Somewhere around 2100, but not all should be sleeved. You would need around 14 or 600 or 1700 sleeves depending on what types of content you wanted to sleeve.

All cards are standard Poker size (aka Magic size, Card game size, 63mm x 88mm)

Definitely sleeve: (14 sleeves)
One set of Turn Order cards (around 14 cards). You will have a deck of 6 of these that will be shuffled frequently. Which of the 14 cards are used depends on the number of players in the game, and how hard you want the game to be.

I would recommend sleeving: (around 600 sleeves including the 14 above)
all the nemesis Tier 1/2/3 cards in Green/Yellow/Red backed sleeves (you would need around 120 per tier). This makes setup easier. The decks are only shuffled at setup, but the colored sleeving makes shuffling easier.
The Nemesis Specific decks (probably well under 100). these are occasionally shuffled.
The Randomizer Cards (around 200)

You can sleeve, but don't need to: (around 1700 sleeves including the 600 above.)
The Starter decks and Market cards - since you don't shuffle your deck, this isn't as critical as in most deck builders. (around 1100)

I would recommend not sleeving:
the Legacy decks other than Turn order while playing the campaign (unless you want to sleeve the cards in use - you would need to unsleeve/resleeve to sticker/write on cards if you do.) After playing the Legacy campaign, the sleeve counts listed above include the Nemesis and market decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did not and do not anticipate ever getting the Legacy version, but I do sleeve EVERYTHING with Mayday thick 63.5 x 88 sleeves. I love the game and want to preserve it in every way. That's just me. I did buy the Broken Token insert for the base game and expansion and expect everything from both 2nd Edition and War Eternal plus all expansions to fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teufelhunden333 wrote:
I did not and do not anticipate ever getting the Legacy version, but I do sleeve EVERYTHING with Mayday thick 63.5 x 88 sleeves. I love the game and want to preserve it in every way. That's just me. I did buy the Broken Token insert for the base game and expansion and expect everything from both 2nd Edition and War Eternal plus all expansions to fit.
I don't know if thick sleeves will work - I sleeved everything in KMC Perfect Fit (about as thin as a premium sleeve can be), and it fit in the Broken Token insert (but with not much room left over)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Teufelhunden333 wrote:
I don't know if thick sleeves will work - I sleeved everything in KMC Perfect Fit (about as thin as a premium sleeve can be), and it fit in the Broken Token insert (but with not much room left over)
I might have to rethink my sleeving options then. The game gets handled so much I can not imagine not sleeving. I will look into the KMC sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good luck with LaTCG. They're cheap, fit the cards, and hold up well. The occassional sleeve is too tight, but the price more than makes up for throwing a few sleeves away out of every pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wpflug13 wrote:
I've had good luck with LaTCG. They're cheap, fit the cards, and hold up well. The occassional sleeve is too tight, but the price more than makes up for throwing a few sleeves away out of every pack.

Those sleeves appear to be much larger than needed and I am not sure they would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the link send you to "LaTCG Clear Pokemon/MTG/Standard Size Deck Protector Sleeles/... 65x92mm"?

They're sleeves for Standard cards (which is what Aeon's End uses). They're the right size, and they work. They're probably a mm taller than I'd prefer for a standard card, but that's a relatively minor gripe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some sleeve manufacturers list the size of card that goes in the sleeve, some list the outer dimensions of the sleeve. It looks like LaTCG lists the outer size of the sleeve - a 63x88mm card would fit well in a 65x92mm sleeve, although the sleeve will extend 1-2mm above the top of a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Gacayon wrote:
Teufelhunden333 wrote:

Somewhere around 2100, but not all should be sleeved. You would need around 14 or 600 or 1700 sleeves depending on what types of content you wanted to sleeve.

One set of Turn Order cards (around 14 cards). You will have a deck of 6 of these that will be shuffled frequently. Which of the 14 cards are used depends on the number of players in the game, and how hard you want the game to be.

all the nemesis Tier 1/2/3 cards in Green/Yellow/Red backed sleeves (you would need around 120 per tier). This makes setup easier. The decks are only shuffled at setup, but the colored sleeving makes shuffling easier.
The Nemesis Specific decks (probably well under 100). these are occasionally shuffled.

You can sleeve, but don't need to: (around 1700 sleeves including the 600 above.)
The Starter decks and Market cards - since you don't shuffle your deck, this isn't as critical as in most deck builders. (around 1100)

the Legacy decks other than Turn order while playing the campaign (unless you want to sleeve the cards in use - you would need to unsleeve/resleeve to sticker/write on cards if you do.) After playing the Legacy campaign, the sleeve counts listed above include the Nemesis and market decks.
Whoa! That is a lot of cards.

What do you think about something like this

https://www.etsy.com/listing/451494006/behemoth-magic-the-ga...

to handle the HUGE card issue? Maybe without the inserts and just 3 full rows would be better? I'm grabbing the playmat, but probably would just place it ontop of the box like I do with others.

If anyone has other suggestions LMK . Sounds like they won't be addressing a big box situation this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gacayon wrote:
abredon wrote:
Gacayon wrote:
Teufelhunden333 wrote:

Whoa! That is a lot of cards.

What do you think about something like this

https://www.etsy.com/listing/451494006/behemoth-magic-the-ga...

to handle the HUGE card issue? Maybe without the inserts and just 3 full rows would be better? I'm grabbing the playmat, but probably would just place it ontop of the box like I do with others.

If anyone has other suggestions LMK . Sounds like they won't be addressing a big box situation this time around.
Those look a bit small. Even 3 full rows in that case would be tight.

You can use the hobby lobby artist case + broken token horizontal card insert solution. I am using a harbor freight case instead of the hobby lobby case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the hobby lobby case / broken token setup. Not a bad price at all either. Might consider this option for other games as well now lol.

Looks very clean and modular

Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cay Ancheta
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw this too, which looks pretty sweet

https://www.amazon.com/Suitable-Humanity-Gathering-Included-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gacayon wrote:
I just saw this too, which looks pretty sweet

https://www.amazon.com/Suitable-Humanity-Gathering-Included-...

That holds cards vertically, which means the dividers won't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |