Street Masters» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Pledge Manager is live! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like backerit just went live! Now time to decide what add-ons to get and wether or not to upgrade my pledge (currently at base game $109 pledge only)

I am definitely getting a utility pack but past that not sure. The base pledge has so much value... and I just went in on vindication and MB: Collussion... so not sure I can swing the $209 pledge even if I really want that box!

What are you all getting/adding?

Looking forward to playing this soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb

Only in for the upgrade pack. I have too much in the Base Game that I've not played and not keen on some of the more supernatural elements added in Aftershock. I know it's in some of the video game influences, but with Brook City on the way too, I have more than enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I am generally full of shit.
badge
At least I'm not covered in shit.
mbmbmbmbmb
SM $109 tier, Redemption 1&2, Utility pack, and Fighter dice pack.

Really happy w/ the $16 shipping charge ($15 base plus $1 for all add-ons). Shipping on comparable projects appears to have gone up around 50% in the past year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Guess morph mode and I had the same thought! We both created a thread around the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your time stamp is first. Gotta go w/ the original.

These are the decisions that exhibit our humanity. Choose a side and fight for what's right.

That's how we do things in Blacklist City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
...and all for fun!
badge
Have you come for a checkup?
mbmbmbmbmb
Returning backer, mostly just picking up the new stuff. Aftershock, Redemption 2, Boss Minis 2. I'm taking a gamble on the compendium since we don't know a whole lot about it, but I'm hoping it will at least be useful for mini-painting reference art. Also picking up a couple extra sets of dice because I gave them a miss last time and seriously regretted it. If you're a new backer, do yourself a favor and grab at least one utility pack because the base game felt like it didn't have enough dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:
If you're a new backer, do yourself a favor and grab at least one utility pack because the base game felt like it didn't have enough dice.
Yeah I remember you and some others making very helpful posts about this. Definitely getting one utility pack myself. That should be enough right? My main group is 4 if it matters (although I plan to do solo as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:

Everything. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
...and all for fun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:
Yeah I remember you and some others making very helpful posts about this. Definitely getting one utility pack myself. That should be enough right? My main group is 4 if it matters (although I plan to do solo as well)
Depends on your definition of "enough". If you just want enough to avoid rerolls and mental math, one utility pack should be fine. If you hate passing dice around the table and want every player to not have to reroll and do mental math, you'd need quite a bit more.

At minimum, 1 utility pack. At maximum, 1 utility pack + 2 dice packs for every player beyond the first. Add turbo dice packs as you feel necessary, but you should only need extras if you want every player to have a set. The set of turbo dice from the stretch goals should be enough to avoid rerolls and mental math.

Edit: Link to the article I wrote about this. See question 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudius Moeller
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mb
New backer.
SM Combo Tier
Redemption 1+2
Utility Pack
Fighter Dice
2 Neoprene Playmats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to have enough for a dice stack on each side of table... which 2-3 players can easily share... and occasionally needing to pass dice across the table (combine pools) for particularly crazy/big rolls is fine... but I would like to not have to be passing all night so people can focus on the game and not finding a dice.

Sounds like a utility pack and 1-2 dice packs then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Dyksley
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
eflin wrote:

Everything. devil
Everything!!!!! devil devil bwahahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
...and all for fun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:
I like to have enough for a dice stack on each side of table... which 2-3 players can easily share... and occasionally needing to pass dice across the table (combine pools) for particularly crazy/big rolls is fine... but I would like to not have to be passing all night so people can focus on the game and not finding a dice.

Sounds like a utility pack and 1-2 dice packs then?
Yup, that about do it. 8 red dice and 4 white dice on each side of the table would work pretty well if two players can share. If you're truly adverse to passing dice, maybe consider getting a second set of turbo dice so you can have a set on either side. Although that probably depends on how often you're going to play Turbo mode, so go with your gut on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sh4mike wrote:
Really happy w/ the $16 shipping charge ($15 base plus $1 for all add-ons). Shipping on comparable projects appears to have gone up around 50% in the past year.
Yeah, I'm really not happy with the $50 shipping cost. Estimate in the KS was $20 - $30.

Getting most of the gameplay content. Page is currently not working for me though (won't move on from the 'Addons' page). Guess I'll try again later some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuathail wrote:
sh4mike wrote:
Yeah, I'm really not happy with the $50 shipping cost. Estimate in the KS was $20 - $30.
Same here: shipping estimated 35, now 59 (ouch).

I still want almost everything, though, and I know shipping from the Blacklist warehouse later will be a bigger cost. So the next window of opportunity for me would be the next KS after Aftershock. (And I certainly hope and think there will be another one, seeing how this one was really successful.)

Rant notwithstanding, what are everyone's opinions of the Battlecon Pack? Do we have any interesting info on the playstyle for these 3 fighters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlecon is just allies. Bottom tier on gameplay value, if you buy everything else and want more then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudius Moeller
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tuathail wrote:
sh4mike wrote:

Getting most of the gameplay content. Page is currently not working for me though (won't move on from the 'Addons' page). Guess I'll try again later some time.
I know the $20-$30 were only estimates but $50 is really steep. Have not payed this much for shipping ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:
Looks like backerit just went live! Now time to decide what add-ons to get and wether or not to upgrade my pledge (currently at base game $109 pledge only)

I am definitely getting a utility pack but past that not sure. The base pledge has so much value... and I just went in on vindication and MB: Collussion... so not sure I can swing the $209 pledge even if I really want that box!

Looking forward to playing this soon!
I made a video to help everyone with their pledge manager. It takes a little time for BGG to approve videos, so it will be in the videos section, or you can find it here:

https://youtu.be/gvkrrEEOeZ8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sypal
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the shipping prices are....odd. Aftershock tier costs more than just Street Masters tier, yet the Street Masters has more "stuff". Maybe it's because of the collectors box?

Then, the combo tier is the two tiers added together even though it has less items than the separate tiers.

On the other hand, for all the add-ons I got the shipping was cheap ($3). Thus I guess it kinda evens out? So I'm not really complaining, just....confused?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FortressLad wrote:
Yeah, the shipping prices are....odd. Aftershock tier costs more than just Street Masters tier, yet the Street Masters has more "stuff". Maybe it's because of the collectors box?

Then, the combo tier is the two tiers added together even though it has less items than the separate tiers.

On the other hand, for all the add-ons I got the shipping was cheap ($3). Thus I guess it kinda evens out? So I'm not really complaining, just....confused?
Postal rates are based on size more than weight. Thus with the combo tier there's a big increase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there mention of how long it will be open? I was hoping to get Brook City before finalizing the pledge for Street Masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game isn't due for a while, it'll most likely be open for a long while. Brook City's manager was kept open until just a month or two before the game will arrive, so I believe you should have some time

So much for ASS-U-MPTIONS.

Currently Black List is saying it'll be open for 30 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a convenient spreadsheet anywhere of how many characters, bosses, and stages you get at each pledge level? These content-packed games sometimes end up having those.

It may not matter though... hoping for a Late Pledge option soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
...and all for fun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Is there a convenient spreadsheet anywhere of how many characters, bosses, and stages you get at each pledge level? These content-packed games sometimes end up having those.
Not a spreadsheet per se, but I broke down each box's content into a table for an article.

Fighters
Enemies
Stages
Rivals and Allies
Core
KS1
LoO
TT
BatCON
Redemp
BCxover
AS
EoE
KS2
Redemp 2
Legend:
Core = Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom
KS1 = 1st Kickstarter Stretch Goals
LoO = Legend of Oni
TT = Twin Tiger
BatCon = BattleCON Crossover
Redemp = Redemption Pack
BCxover = Brook City Crossover
AS = Aftershock
EoE = Essence of Evil
KS2 = 2nd Kickstarter Stretch Goals
Redemption = Redemption 2 Pack (Note: It has not been confirmed that there will be exactly 10 ally/rivals in this pack, but the designers have estimated there will be around 10)

Adding these up into the different tiers gives

Fighters
Enemies
Stages
Rivals and Allies
SM Tier
AS Tier
Combo Tier

Legend:
SM Tier = Core, KS1, LoO, KS2
AS Tier = AS, EoE, KS2 + Upgrade pack & Deluxe box
Combo Tier = Core, KS1, LoO, KS2, AS, EoE + Deluxe box

Then just add whatever small box expansions you're buying to your tier to get the final count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claumoe wrote:
New backer.
SM Combo Tier
Redemption 1+2
Utility Pack
Fighter Dice
2 Neoprene Playmats

Nice to see you, Claudius!

A very good decision, you won't regret it. Such a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |