Subject: Thematic Explanation for ‘Explore’ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get it right, a hero using the ‘Explore’ action might reveal a sector not in LOS.

Is this correct?
If yes, what does an exploring hero thematically do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 sectors in LOS from the hero, stopped by doors..
The hero is taking the time to shine his or her torch or use scanning devices to see what’s there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zexlaram wrote:
stopped by doors..
Really? Where do I find this in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clearer ~ Doors open as you are near them, so the ones on your tile are open (unless it’s blocked), but the door to a room 2 tiles away would be shut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ADJACENT DOORS
understand that a Room is in sight. Since the Doors are automatic and open whenever you are adjacent to them, when you are in a Sector with a Door, and the Sector on the other side of the Door is Revealed, that Sector is considered to be in Line of Sight. When a Door is not in the Hero’s Sector, it interrupts the Line of Sight.
from the Hero book

Edit, page reference helps - page 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. But ‘Explore’ doesn’t mention LoS, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really should be more examples in these rulebooks..

Explore is definitely stopped by walls (like the L corridor)
If you used an LCU, the range 2 sector would not be revealed if it were behind a door.
Explore would be blocked by blocked doors.

..So, is it more of a radar/echo locate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Mortarino
Italy
Abbiategrasso
Milano
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Explore action let you Reveal up to 2 adjacent Sectors in a straight line from the Hero's Sector.
You choose a direction you want to Explore and up to 2 Sectors will get Revealed. A wall, a non-adjacent door or a blocked door will interrupt the Exploration.
This has also been updated in the description and examples of the Exploration Action on the new updated rulebook.
Thematically the Hero is exploring using the light scanner on his holowatch, in order to know his surroundings and make sure that he is not caught by surprise by what is waiting there.
For this reason you will see all the elements that are in that Sector AND you may remove a Danger token from the Hero's Sector or from the newly revealed sectors.
This is also why if you reach a wall while scanning the exploration gets interrupted and the same happens if you reach a blocked door(since two Sectors separated by Blocked door are not considered adjacent) or a non-adjacent door(since the doors will open only if you are adjacent to them, but will not open if you are not adjacent to them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the whole Horrible Games Team for the near-instant clarifying replies. My question here even led to an adjustment in the rulebook as it seems. That’s quite cool. I’m wondering though why you’re not mentioning LoS but only talking about ‘in a straight line from the Hero’s sector’.

Good luck for your today’s Kickstart!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was doing it right..

It won't be line of sight because you can't see it yet (Evil pg. 9)
Can previous backers get the updated printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did. By accident. But you did. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take it

Got a couple friends interested in playing, so I've got to get it all right now.. we did a demo play with a few glaring errors.. but they liked it so.. victims devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls