Keegan Cole
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

Last night, my wife and I decided we would like to attempt the 10x10 challenge this year and are very excited about it! We are beginning to come up with our lists based off of the collection we have and games we would like to add to our collection in the near future. Two games that will absolutely be on the list will be Root and Castles of Burgundy (especially with the new edition on the horizon).

Reason for this post: I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions on games that are worth the 10x10 challenge. Games do not necessarily have to be in our collection, however, it would be great advice for us if some of you would look at our owned games list here on BGG and recommend from there along with games we don't own that you believe should be in the collection!

Thanks again all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Eccles
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Alarm! Alarm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Root
Castles of Burgundy
Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure
The Castles of Burgundy: The Dice Game
Keyflower
Feudum
Hive Pocket
Sagrada
Azul
Istanbul
alternate: Gloomhaven

A few longer a few shorter, a few that are good to play when you're out

Of course, if you're not planning to do the hardcore challenge there's no need to choose the games beforehand, just play what you like and when you've played something 10 times you can add it to your 10x10.

But saying that, there's no harm in making a list and aiming for hardcore because you can always change to normal later and everything you've already played this year will count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Cole
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the combination of shorter/longer games for more variety and the addition of games for on-the-go/out at a coffee shop or something is great!

We are trying to get a list of 15 games initially then narrowing down to a hardcore list (she's very competitive and wants to go for the challenge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hollier
United States
Baldwin
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy
Concordia
Dinosaur Island
Five Tribes
The Gallerist
Keyflower
Orleans
Root
Teotihuacan: City of Gods
War Chest

Two games from your wishlist and the rest from your collection. I think that this would be a nice mix of games. None of the games would feel too similar (at least not IMO). If you wanted more short games in there maybe substitute in Azul, Patchwork or Sagrada for something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Cole
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can find a copy of War Chest in a trade I'm definitely going to add it to the list. Would buy it, but KS is gonna wreck my wallet in March.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hollier
United States
Baldwin
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IAmSauerKraut wrote:
If I can find a copy of War Chest in a trade I'm definitely going to add it to the list. Would buy it, but KS is gonna wreck my wallet in March.
War Chest is an excellent game. Plays reasonably short (depending on how think-y you and your opponent want to make it) and the chips just feel so nice to handle. The cards are great as well. I just wish the board were a bit better and the control tiles were hexes as opposed to discs but it's not a huge issue.

Which games are you looking forward to on KS in March?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Cole
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Root Expansion
Paladins of the West Kingdom
Feudum Expansion
I think there was one more?
Also CoB new edition is supposed to come out first quarter I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hollier
United States
Baldwin
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to the new edition of CoB as well. Probably going to back the Root expansion and add-on the first expansion. Glen More II is also supposed to be in March I believe.

Sorry to derail your thread, though. Good look with the 10x10!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls