Subject: Dreaming of a TM Deluxe/Collector's Ed/Redesign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing the Suburbia campaign on Kickstarter do so well, as well as seeing the Brass redesign last year do so well, I couldn't help but wonder how well would a Terraforming Mars deluxe/redesign campaign would do if it was run by a company like Roxley Games or Eagle-Gryphon or Mindclash Games? Could you imagine Terraforming Mars redesigned with some amazing art direction or redesigned by an artist like Ian O'Toole with dual-layered player boards, 3D tiles, good quality cards, metal cubes and a box that fits all the expansions, just to name some random upgrades?

Am I the only crazy fan out there to dream of such a thing? please tell me I'm not alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait.
We have one new expansion on 2019, another one on 2020. Tm legacy around 2020-2021, and maybe we will get tm deluxe around 2021, that is my guess.

And this is so obvious imo because tm is simply printing money, the game is amazing and this is going to happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginaryforce wrote:

Am I the only crazy fan out there to dream of such a thing? please tell me I'm not alone.
Yes. You are definitely the first person to put forward that idea.

Actually you're not It's been suggested many times before but I think it'll be years before we see a deluxe edition, if ever. Probably when they're done releasing expansions and sales start to slow down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the game a lot. There are probably things someone could do to part me with money for an augmented edition.

But I love it as is.

If history is any indicator, I'll back the project and then sell it later for a profit, as I did with two of my favorite other games: Wotr, and TS.

I'd probably just rather my gf get me a set of plastic tiles for it or something, since I think those are cool but will never buy them for myself.

I did go for suburbia because I don't own it and have had my eye on it since it was published but have never pulled the trigger and think the new look is much improved.

I am sure a deluxe TfM in 2023 or whenever will make a crapton of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginaryforce wrote:
Could you imagine Terraforming Mars redesigned with some amazing art direction or redesigned by an artist like Ian O'Toole with dual-layered player boards, 3D tiles, good quality cards, metal cubes and a box that fits all the expansions, just to name some random upgrades?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes

And No, you're not alone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of components and inconsistent art direction are the main factors keeping me from owning this now. I'd love to see a higher-end edition on my shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We already have a loooong thread on the topic, so no, you are not the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
imaginaryforce wrote:
Seeing the Suburbia campaign on Kickstarter do so well, as well as seeing the Brass redesign last year do so well, I couldn't help but wonder how well would a Terraforming Mars deluxe/redesign campaign would do if it was run by a company like Roxley Games or Eagle-Gryphon or Mindclash Games? Could you imagine Terraforming Mars redesigned with some amazing art direction or redesigned by an artist like Ian O'Toole with dual-layered player boards, 3D tiles, good quality cards, metal cubes and a box that fits all the expansions, just to name some random upgrades?

I already have good quality cards, and my box fits all the expansions. Dual-layer player boards are not a must for me, but I would like a different way of tracking production and resources, that dispenses with the need to have lots of cubes on your player mat. And I would like a better looking board.

I'm in the minority for not wanting 3D tiles, apparently. What I do think is a pity, is that the current 2D tiles don't have a cube-sized hole in the center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls