Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honest question. I've been wrestling backing this for the last 7 days and the main thing that's stopping me is that there might be a Ludwig CE in the nesr future. I would instaback that.

However, I used to play suburbia thinking it would be perfect with a graphic overhall. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bank on something that may be happening for trade on something that is. I guess the real question is will you regret missing out on the KS exclusives. They probably will do a Ludwig CE someday, just because this was so successful, but it might be 2 years from now or longer. Or it may just not happen. You never know. Given the money they made, I'm gonna guess it will happen, but it's more a matter of when. Plus they'll probably want to do what they did with this one and come up with a new exclusive expansion (which I actually think is kind of BS and a jerk move to old fans, I'm surprised more aren't complaining about it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
(which I actually think is kind of BS and a jerk move to old fans, I'm surprised more aren't complaining about it)
They're far too preoccupied with complaining about why (insert city here) is not included among the 20 chosen. Can't we just have a tile and colour set for every city in the world? Would the box for that still fit on my shelf?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdekemp wrote:
bubblepipemedia wrote:
(which I actually think is kind of BS and a jerk move to old fans, I'm surprised more aren't complaining about it)
They're far too preoccupied with complaining about why (insert city here) is not included among the 20 chosen. Can't we just have a tile and colour set for every city in the world? Would the box for that still fit on my shelf?
Funny thing is the better art already exists for Castles.

You just need to buy it from poland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better art, sure, but really hard to see!

The thing I’m wondering about a castles CE is that it really has very little content. Just one expansion. No promos. The base game probably doesn’t need more content, but I think it’s interesting that they’ve released two spin off games instead of expanding. Ted might just not like how castles turned out enough to give it more content, let alone a CE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Adam

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmb
I get the distinct feeling that Ted is more attached to Suburbia than to Castles, since it was his first game to really hit it big and Castles borrows a TON of gameplay concepts from Suburbia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only he could crack the code to get Swans into a suburb.... laugh