Daniel Gómez
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
Aquí irá una frase ingeniosa
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you actually move the cratons in case of a Collisional Wrap-Around?

I play in a fairly non-slippery surface and in order to move cratons (when wrapping-around) I should pick them up, which I think it can be "dangerous" with all the creeples and disks on them. Not to mention that it is a bit of a pain in the neck to move all the stuff around. What I am currently doing in the game that I am playing is the following: if the Westernmost is touching the Latitude Strip it forms a continent with the Easternmost craton. This, with the removal of the Latitude Dice it has been enough to know if the cratons are connected together. Of course, I have to remember that some of the offshores in the Eastermost craton are not active, but in case of more complex collisions I am not sure if this method would work.

So, what do you do with Collisional Wrap-Around? In fact, reading the rules I am not sure if you must move the cratons around or just keep track as I am doing.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that a craton doesn't always collide with the one next to it. Depending on the Latitude, it might miss the one next to it entirely and crash into the craton on the other side (2 away). They can also switch places (if they would "miss" everything when moving).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
Remember that a craton doesn't always collide with the one next to it. Depending on the Latitude, it might miss the one next to it entirely and crash into the craton on the other side (2 away). They can also switch places (if they would "miss" everything when moving).
Yes, in such cases I think that you must move around the craton. I don't see any other options. Maybe I should take a picture before moving things around, just in case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always move the craton. But as long as you know which cratons are connected to which and how they are connected, I don't think it matters what you do. The physical arrangement is a system for tracking the relationships between them.

I'm curious if you're playing with other players and they like the idea of not moving the cratons though. My preference would be to move it. If you are worried about things moving, snap a quick picture of it before you move it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing this first game with my wife. Since I read the rules, she's fine with my decisions Anyway, I will probably move the cratons so the map can be read more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Gołowkow
Poland
Gliwice
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you definitely want to move the cartons. Things get complicated and crowded in the second era so you really need a clearly defined map to make any decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Horton
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it's much easier for gameplay to always move the cratons - there is enough to keep track of in this game already, and keeping the cratons touching where they are supposed to reduces this load by a fair bit, but whatever works for you is cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I move them with suitable rumbling and crashing sound effects, which I think should be mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls