Meeple Mentor
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe on YouTube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you count the spawn point if it's underneath the stairs tile spot?
If not, what if it's the only point on the tile?
If you're on a 2 space tile, and the stairs cover up the spawn point, would you ever be able to spawn anything on this tile?

Another question is about when do you actually roll the encounter die? Do you wait until you step off the stair space, or as soon as you land on the stair space of the new large tile of a new floor?
Looking at the way the blueprints appear, the colored encounter areas go up to the stairs, but not over the stairs. Just not sure, and hoping to get clarification.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That spawn is blocked/ignored, unless it's the only spawn point.

The stairs are part of the room as the stairs are on the tile, so moving to a new floor, would have you roll the encounter die on the stairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Mentor
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe on YouTube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, another question regarding stairs and their tiles.
When resolving the reaction phase, are two stairs' tiles considered to be connected? Or, would they not be connected, because stairs are treated like a closed door with respect to enemy movements/attacks?

If I left the tile a zombie was on through the stairs and ended my turn... would he activate on the tile I came from or do nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The enemies on the other floor are ignored in the reaction phase as if the stairs were a closed door, the only way enemies can use the stairs is through the No Escape tension card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grochowich

Wpg
MB
msg tools
I’d personally just turn that 2square around to have the stairs on the not-spawn square; unless your trying to make it a little more forgiving/easier..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..Or at least have the biohazard symbols not be the first square you enter the 2x1 because of encounter rolls.. You still might be caught out by the tension deck..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls