6 Posts

Guardians» Forums » General

Subject: Three player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Is there any way this could be done, while preserving the two sides fighting?

We often find ourselves playing boardgames when the group has 3 ppl present. I'd love to try this, but 2/4 player only makes it a bit difficult

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the game 2 TO 4 players; not 2 OR 4 players? Did I misread it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Technically there's nothing that prevents 1 player from controlling 4 characters, while the other 2 are together, each controlling 2 characters.

But since you're not supposed to know exactly which cards your teammate has for his heroes, there might be a slight advantage to controlling 4 characters yourself vs a team of 2 players.

That said, nothing prevents you from trying (making sure you separate your 4 heroes in 2 teams and do 2 actions per team per round!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marchbanks
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
I play games! You play games?!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's two or four. I would think that some way to even the teams would be to allow one player to play 4 heroes, the other team to play 2 each and find some way to even the actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
alphasyndrome wrote:
Skrell wrote:
Technically there's nothing that prevents 1 player from controlling 4 characters, while the other 2 are together, each controlling 2 characters.

But since you're not supposed to know exactly which cards your teammate has for his heroes, there might be a slight advantage to controlling 4 characters yourself vs a team of 2 players.

That said, nothing prevents you from trying (making sure you separate your 4 heroes in 2 teams and do 2 actions per team per round!)
I hate that rule in games. I'd just let the players on the same team communicate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callin Flores
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
They can communicate freely, but cannot show cards to each other, so anything you say to your team mate your opponents can hear and plan to react to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls