Subject: Civil War Resolution with no patrons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hubertis Malvenus
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I combed the rules and forums, but to no avail. Of course, I may just be missing the obvious -- been known to do that. Anyway...

During Civil War Resolution, what do players do when neither faction has a patron?

For the Chinese Civil War, patron identification is outlined pretty well, but I couldn't find an explanation of what to do when no powers have elected to or had a chance to intervene in a country embroiled in a Civil War.

Any clarification would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You resolve the civil war as normal, following the usual procedure.

If one side wins, it just becomes a regular non-civil war country again with no further effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just roll two dice for each faction (always two factions) and compare the highest die. You’ll get one of three results

Draw: just keep it going, nothing happens
One side higher but not double: Marginal victory, flip the civil war marker to influence side (though no point if no one has aid anyway)
One side at least double: Decisive victory, remove the civil war marker

Don’t confuse the factions in a civil war with the player powers. The factions are, for example, the republicans and nationalists in Spain, and not related to player countries.

Generally if a civil war starts somewhere try getting some aid in so you can take advantage of it. Otherwise it happens and the world continues to turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubertis Malvenus
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks to both of you! That answered my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls