Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been all over OwlCon's website and facebook page. I see many scheduled gaming events, including Battlestar Galactica, Mare Norstrum, Scythe, Munchkin, and a host of tabletop RPG & miniatures. What I don't see is a single mention of open board gaming.

Is there a decent open gaming scene at OwlCon (similar to BGG.con, which I have attended a few times) or is it mostly just the pre-set events?

I've used the "contact us" form on the owlcon website to request this info from the games organizers, but they have not gotten back with me yet. Pre-registration for OwlCon ends on Friday, so (like Obi-wan)... this forum is my only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not even remotely like BGG Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Gorski
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get my Mac and iOS software for Traveller at http://naasirka.weebly.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile since I've attended, but the student union and the Con itself are not huge. When I was there the huckster room had a lot of tables so you can probably play what you want if you can find interested people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK guys, thanks for the quick responses. I would be driving in from way out of town, so I think I'll skip it if theres no guarantee of a steady stream of open tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a Houston con with open gaming, you might want to look into Magcon. That looks to be nothing BUT open gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honor wrote:

Is there a decent open gaming scene at OwlCon (similar to BGG.con, which I have attended a few times) or is it mostly just the pre-set events?
Look under Various (B/CG) for the events ran by Tea + Victory Recommends! (they're a Houston Heights area board game cafe). Also Konnichiwa! Modern Asian Game Design and Mayfair Again, For the Last Time might be of interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doelle
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have heard their will be some open gaming but I don't see it listed. We will be there with Friday Night Legends

http://owlcon.com/event_listings.php?fbclid=IwAR2BU7RjgVuNsc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls