Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Hostage Negotiator» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pivotal event spending question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie Bones
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about spending conversation points during the pivotal event.

I have no hostages left in the pool against Arkayne. 4 are rescued and 3 are killed so I'm looking good.

Rules say that in the last conversation you may spend CP to purchased cards from the available area during the conversation phase and play them immediately.

Question is, can I play cards to accumulate CP and then concede a demand that would save another hostage, thus causing Arkayne to be captured?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenAxe wrote:

Question is, can I play cards to accumulate CP and then concede a demand that would save another hostage, thus causing Arkayne to be captured?
Definitely.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You lose unspent conversation points at the end of the Spend phase, and since you have no Spend phase in the pivotal event, you don't lose unspent conversation points after purchasing a card during that turn.

But in turn I wonder if this applies when you get a pivotal event mid-terror deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

But in turn I wonder if this applies when you get a pivotal event mid-terror deck.
Pivotal Event is always the last terror card.
Unless some of the latest expansions change that.

The above characteristic, not resetting your conv. points after buying, is a characteristic of the final conversation not the terror card that was drawn.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

But in turn I wonder if this applies when you get a pivotal event mid-terror deck.
Pivotal Event is always the last terror card.
Unless some of the latest expansions change that.
Crime Wave does.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls