Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The "Mapping the Otherworlds" sidegoal is added to each of the haunts in Chapter 9 (the card also allows you to discard your photo to the tomb for a reroll). This sidegoal card is destroyed after the chapter ends.

Because there seemed to be no immediate benefit or relevance to our haunt (Reanimator, #28 I think), and because the Otherworlds have been notoriously punishing to us and I was at all critical stats, we didn't bother to risk mucking around in the Otherworlds. I'm kind of salty now that I didn't since I didn't realize the option would vanish.

It seems to me that the only reason to work on this side goal is due to metagaming-- mark these cards now for no other reason than it might come back later. Is there any narrative reason this comes up when it does? I would think mapping the Otherworlds would be something our explorer team would do, not our mental patients trying not to be turned into walking corpses. Is it more relevant for other haunts in the chapter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, unless you have a need to go into the otherworlds I would stay the hell out of them.

That being said, there will be haunts where you have to venture forth into them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had similar questions, and we did not do the side goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lim
msg tools
The side goals from chapter 9-12 makes the final haunt "easier"
If i recall correctly the 5 side goals are
complete the painting (doable from chapter 2-12)..
map the other world (chapter 9 only)
study the rune stones (chapter 10)
swear an oath to end him (chapter 11 only)
examine the meteorite (chapter 12 only)

Specific effect of this side goal
Don't worry too much about missing out on this side goal, it just makes it such that you can bury more other-world cards and possibly take less damage to get the exact tile you need... some of the side goals makes it MUCH easier to prevent yourself from dying in the final haunt... while others.. is kinda useless and does very little to help the heros for the final haunt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thumb up
 tip