Resident Evil 2: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: 4 Player Scaling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Playing campaign mode with 4 players. Can't complete 3A without the tension deck running out. Tried it 2x and nearly completed the scenario on the second go, but got nowhere near getting the grenade launcher.

Anyone else having issues in 4 player?
We're considering adding a 3rd ribbon to make it a bit more feasible. Seems like a very limited number of turns/player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scaling is rough in this game specifically because of how quickly the tension deck runs out and the limited ink ribbons. By all means throw an extra ribbon in so that you guys enjoy the game but have enough “tension” to force forward progress. My group and I have been having a lot of fun with this game, but the tension deck does feel like a little artificial timer, which we have never been a fan of.

We actually ended up adding an extra ink ribbon in the form of adding an extra Item Search Square so that it still requires some effort to get that extra ribbon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Mentor
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe on YouTube!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea! Shuffle in an extra ink ribbon card and place another item token out.
I think the token should be placed on a corpse or somewhere in a corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Springer
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm going to wait until I can get a few games under my belt before I start to make any changes. But I realized pretty quickly that adding extra players effectively make the tension deck smaller since players will be covering a lot of the same ground together (two characters crossing a room hitting tension twice with the same number of squares covered).

One solution I've considered is that if the tension deck runs out, it gets reshuffled, but the encounter die gains a -1 modifier for the remainder of the scenario. This would mean that the game doesn't automatically end. But since everything will get much worse, there is still plenty of reason to want to grab the ribbons. And if the deck bottoms out more than a couple of times, you're all pretty much dead anyway.

Or you could modify the continue rule to get an extra reshuffle there also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virtually Jason
msg tools
mb
Michael, I really like that idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls