Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Power
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never used sewer movement. It appears to be an act of desperation. A couple of negative factors is to use a Russian leader of which there are to few to commit to such a rash act along with the 34% chance of becoming lost not to mention the dire results of exiting adjacent to an enemy unit.

Has anyone routinely used this type of movement with positive results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used it a few times. My viewpoint became that sewer movement was less an act of desperation, but of a random decision. When it worked, it was very good. When it didn't work, the session could take a sharp turn to the abyss. It was what you do to liven the game up, not to forward a cohesive plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've read a few books about the eastern front, and there were never, ever acts of desperation, negative factors, rash acts, dire results, or random decisions. Things were always down to forward cohesive plans, and never made a sharp turn toward the abyss. The lack of all these pretty much defined the Eastern Front.

That said, if Sewer Movement were a little less random I think that would be good for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls