Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you hide it behind a screen? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
There’s not really a screen, and it’s open information. But nothing says you can’t house rule it however you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
John_VW wrote:
There’s not really a screen, and it’s open information. But nothing says you can’t house rule it however you like.
i know no screen was included, but we were just wondering...it would help if other players did NOT know how much gold you had.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with it open. A lot more fun that way making decisions based on who can buy what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
We play with it open. A lot more fun that way making decisions based on who can buy what.
agreed, but...with hidden gold it might also make for an interesting game... :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Trump wrote:
agreed, but...with hidden gold it might also make for an interesting game... :-)
I’m not sure. Gold is trackable, so you might get one player that has that type of memory that will know exactly how much everyone has while another player may want to track it on a sheet of paper (yes I know a guy)... It could result in the game coming to a screeching halt while people try to calculate how much each other player has. My standpoint has always been, if it’s trackable, make it public. For these reasons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I never explicitly say in the rules, but I've always played it with everyone's money being open information.

That being said, it's your game, play it how you want, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I prefer open information myself. I know in DIGIDICED’s digital implementation of Isle of Skye, we had gold as open information when the physical rules said hide your money. This was due to the asynchronous ranked play where you could have a bunch of games running and they can take days or weeks to finish a game (live play is available too). I try to adopt the open gold digital rule when playing Isle of Skye f2f now, but allow a single player to veto.

So as the designer has said, if your group wants to hide the gold, go ahead, but at least be fair to the group and mention the regular intention and the house rule. If a player vetoes the house rule then don’t use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls