United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- let's say i'm an Elf
- my Race board has "+2 Dex"
- does that mean i add +2 to my row when computing final score for the row? if so, and if that "puts me over" what my target was do i still need to take the +2?

- and if not, what does it mean?? :-)

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you add it.

Yes, you must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
Yes, you add it.

Yes, you must.
so, if i had a race attribute that said "-2", and my class required "18 exact"...i would never be able to complete it?

(even three "6's", minus 2, would mean 16 would be my max potential for that row)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not impossible if you get certain trait cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
Not impossible if you get certain trait cards
Or weapons.

Also, some previous discussion on this topic: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2040615/how-am-i-supposed-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haley
United States
Scappoose
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For attributes like that, I just put all my trash numbers there and use that row to subtract in order to increase something else. And I find the one card that gives me points for having it really low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, even seemingly impossible attribute scores can be leveraged by various means.

Even though I'm not a fan of puzzle games generally, this one is clever and with the theme too I enjoy it.

Personally would like the game to go even further than the expansion takes it as I feel the final showdown with the boss is a bit of an anticlimax. Hopefully a future expansion will beef up the game with more interesting use of finished characters, a bit of map exploration would be cool for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Yeah, even seemingly impossible attribute scores can be leveraged by various means.

Even though I'm not a fan of puzzle games generally, this one is clever and with the theme too I enjoy it.

Personally would like the game to go even further than the expansion takes it as I feel the final showdown with the boss is a bit of an anticlimax. Hopefully a future expansion will beef up the game with more interesting use of finished characters, a bit of map exploration would be cool for instance.
The publisher has a stand-alone board game in the pipeline where you "roll-up" a character to play as. It's designed so that you can take the characters you finish with in Roll Player, and use those.

I don't know if "roll-up" is literal.

Roll Player Adventures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls