Hide
3 Posts

Unstable Unicorns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ultimate Destruction card, Lasso Magic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Limon
msg tools

So, this debate came up when I was trying to play this card on someone else. My reasoning is that when you play a magic card, you can play it for yourself or against someone else. Would this card apply to "against someone else" rules?

I see it as you are playing a magic card on someone and they have to follow the rules of it.

I could see a strategy for using it for yourself because you could set your stable in the end.

But in the end, I'm merely asking what would you do in this situation? Play it against yourself or someone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll note that the rules for Upgrades and Downgrades tell you to play them into "someone's Stable", while Magic card rules simply say "Play a Magic Card during your turn".

Magic cards are always played "on you" (not on someone else). Thus "you" must Sacrifice "your" unicorns, and they you Destroy "someone else's". You are not allowed to play this (or any other Magic card) as someone else's card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
badge
It's your blood that's red like roses
mbmbmbmbmb
only upgrades and downgrades can be played on another player. magic cards must be played on yourself, unless otherwise noted on the card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls