Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just me and Brian - quick last game before calling it a day.

We've both played this before - me more than B, and more recently (yesterday). Simple game - rules explained in about 3 minutes or so, each round only takes 10-15 minutes (although I rarely get to play all 3 rounds - we usually just play 1 or 2). Well, we just played 1 round this time. I ended up with multipliers early on, while B had lots of cards in few colors, but no multipliers drawn till near the end of the game. So, he ended up building successful expeditions in 2 or 3 colors, and 1 unsuccessful. I played the red multiplier early based on my 8 in hand (!), and got slightly burned - only managed to get a 7 and 8 in play by the end. However, B fed me 1 or 2 yellow multipliers, and I managed to draw several of those cards to add to the 10 I already had in hand. In the end, my multipliers won the day - 64 to 44.

Everyone seems to think this is a great game. I agree that it's good - simple, fun, fast. But it just doesn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe I haven't played it enough to work out all the "depth", but it seems that outcome depends an awful lot on the initial hand, and whatever you choose to play based on the first 8 cards you see. Sure, you can manage your hand to limit the damage. But in my few plays it seems you need to get a few early multipliers to get any kind of decent score, and that doesn't always happen. So, while I don't mind playing the game as a fast filler, I rarely (if ever) ask to play this game. 6/10 right now, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.