Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Poll: Which are the most favourite Scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tolis Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Poll
I figured there was no information about which scenarios are the most favourite ones, so I created this poll to find out.
You can pick any scenario that you loved, that you had great fun playing it or that you would easily name 'one of the best gloom-scenarios' for any reason!
Which Scenarios are your most favourite (for any reason)? Pick as many as you want
      34 answers
Poll created by tolhs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Brute Solo Adventure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This poll will be heavily biased due to sampling error- for example many more people have done #4 than #64, so you will end up with more votes for #4.

You would get more meaningful results by asking people to rate each one they did on a 0-4 scale, where 2 is average and 4 is great, and zero is much less fun than most.

But since it is just a casual inquiry, whatever is fine. Have fun with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in quite a while (we finished it last year), but I remember scenario 27 especially.. very tough, but I liked the 'protect at all costs' theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolis Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jerold_wallis wrote:
This poll will be hesvily biased be sampling error- for example many more people have done #4 than #64, so you will end up with more votes for # 4.

You would get more meaningful results by asking people to rate each one they did on a 0-4 scale, where 2 is average and 4 is great, and zero is much less fun than most.

Yes i thought about that, but I thing it would be more difficult for someone to rate for example 50 or 60 scenarios.
Also it would be very hard to remember how you felt for each of these 50 or 60 scenarios in order to rate them accordingly.

On the other hand it would be easier to come and vote for a scenario that made you a very good impression and you remember you had great fun with it 6 months ago.

I think I prefer to know which scenarios stuck in people's minds and stand out, rather than have some not-so-accurate ratings for all scenarios. (Even if the result is biased to the early scenarios)

But of course if someone will create a poll similar to your suggestion I'll be glad to try and vote as accurate as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
After going through the list and putting in my votes, I can say that I enjoyed the heck out of a lot of the retirement quests. I almost wish every retirement had quests associated with them. So much more climactic than just "Oh, I'm done, goodbye."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
tolhs wrote:
jerold_wallis wrote:
This poll will be hesvily biased be sampling error- for example many more people have done #4 than #64, so you will end up with more votes for # 4.

Yes i thought about that, but I thing it would be more difficult for someone to rate for example 50 or 60 scenarios.
Also it would be very hard to remember how you felt for each of these 50 or 60 scenarios in order to rate them accordingly.

On the other hand it would be easier to come and vote for a scenario that made you a very good impression and you remember you had great fun with it 6 months ago.

I think I prefer to know which scenarios stuck in people's minds and stand out, rather than have some not-so-accurate ratings for all scenarios. (Even if the result is biased to the early scenarios)

But of course if someone will create a poll similar to your suggestion I'll be glad to try and vote as accurate as possible

May I present a counter-counter-proposal that I think will satisfy both parties?

Instead of rating on a 0-4 scale, one could instead label the radio buttons. For example:

"Haven't attempted/Don't remember"
"Loved it"
"Neutral"
"Hated it"

Just a thought.

Back to topic: not a whole lot of scenarios stick out to me. The first boss scenario does just because of how it introduced mechanics, and Scenario 72 because of the challenge. I feel like most of what I recall from this game has been "Hey, remember when you took out 4 monsters with the Spellweaver?" or "...when I 1 shot that 21 health object?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
After going through the list and putting in my votes, I can say that I enjoyed the heck out of a lot of the retirement quests. I almost wish every retirement had quests associated with them. So much more climactic than just "Oh, I'm done, goodbye."
The counter point to that, is for groups who can't play as often those retirement quests mean less main story line, which can be annoying. Esp. if you had a retirement goal that took forever to hit.

Oh, I need to do 4 of X that took forever to get to AND then also pull the party off onto a side thing for 2-3 more scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Uninvited Guest wrote:
May I present a counter-counter-proposal that I think will satisfy both parties?

Instead of rating on a 0-4 scale, one could instead label the radio buttons. For example:

"Haven't attempted/Don't remember"
"Loved it"
"Neutral"
"Hated it"

Just a thought.
Counter-counter-counter proposal: leave off the "Haven't attempted/Don't remember" option. When people add these into polls here, they dominate by far, and they make any actually useful information harder to glean from the rest of the data. Just tell people not to vote on any they haven't played or don't remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
GerryRailBaron wrote:
It's actually "-1" for Brute solo adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rambib wrote:
GerryRailBaron wrote:
Really? I loved it! Learned a lot about my deck, and made a bucket of cash trying over and over until I got it right (4 trys btw)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rambib wrote:
GerryRailBaron wrote:
Lat errata states it isn’t
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls