Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

My group loves Gizmos!

The replayability is a bit meh though, which is fine considering the pricetag. But honestly, if there was any small expansions with new cards, that would be fantastic. Like, a small deck of 50/100 cards in a small box, that would be swell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
The things you own end up owning you.
badge
designbyhoot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an expansion! Hopefully, one that adds more variety to players’ strategy. Any card that grants victory points simply by building a gizmo with a certain color is for sure the most desirable type of card. This has definitely made the game feel a little stale the more we play. So fingers crossed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Simard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great to have an expansion.

Some other ways to get VP besides building actions. Maybe a white colored marble that is less in quantity, but acts as a wildcard.

5th player components wouldn't hurt either at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GossamerSolid wrote:

Some other ways to get VP besides building actions. Maybe a white colored marble that is less in quantity, but acts as a wildcard.

A 5th player doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think it would change the engine's progression. With 4 or less players, it means more lvl 1 cards to build up combos. With 5 players, the lvl 1 stack will get emptied faster, which will lead to more lvl 2 (and maybe 3) level cards bought.
Dunno if it's a good thing or not, but you can always try a 5th player by getting components from a 2nd box. Or just DIY meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Simard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
GossamerSolid wrote:

A 5th player doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I think it would change the engine's progression. With 4 or less players, it means more lvl 1 cards to build up combos. With 5 players, the lvl 1 stack will get emptied faster, which will lead to more lvl 2 (and maybe 3) level cards bought.
Dunno if it's a good thing or not, but you can always try a 5th player by getting components from a 2nd box. Or just DIY meeple
I don't play with 5 players enough to warrant purchasing a second copy tbh, but that's not a bad idea for those that do. My group is usually either <4 or 6.

My main desires for an expansion isn't the 5th player, more that it's just a nice to have IF there was an expansion pack coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier-Olivier
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
Some objectives like in Barenpark would be nice. It would be an other way to make victory points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arbitrary Ranger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Marbles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elpete wrote:
Some objectives like in Barenpark would be nice. It would be an other way to make victory points.
What's Barenpark? In what form do those objectives come?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier-Olivier
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
Barenpark is a tetris-like tiles laying game in a bears park theme. The objectives can be to be the first player to get 3 polar bears tiles for example. In Gizmos it could be to get 3 black gizmos or have 4 gizmos build cards or get 6 blue energy.

En passant, j'adore Barenpark. Les objectifs sont optionnels donc je ne les mets pas avec de nouveaux joueurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I see, I like that idea very much. It would change a bit the balance of the game, but in a good way.

Actually it would be very easy to design fanmade objectives. I'll create a thread in the variant section to gather some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hollier
United States
Baldwin
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elpete wrote:
This is what I'm hoping for as well. Plus more Gizmos. Hopefully it's kept simple, though. That's the beauty of the game. I wouldn't want to see more and more mechanisms slapped on just for the sake of adding complexity. If I want complex, I have other games I can play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls