Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overview fights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isabel Kirsch
Germany
flag msg tools
Hy,

is there anywhere an overview of the fights.
My Problem is: i'm not sure when an enemy should move or not and when it comes behind the charachter (ambush?).

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Need to play more Shadows of Brimstone!
badge
Really!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard for melee is, that they choose a target once (random roll for all hereos in range) and keep fighting until the hero succeded an escape roll and moved away.
For ranged attacks you use the tokens and chose the hereos with the least markers on them.
For an ambush attack you roll for each hero you can place an enemy and chose a position thats best for the enemies.
Some enemies have special rules for new targets (each round or after getting a hit >= 6 damage, ...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To start, enemy figures are placed on the board at the end of a round (after Exploration tokens are resolved, and before you Hold Back the Darkness*).

Enemy figures are normally placed at the edge of the tile furthest from the heroes. If the attack is an Ambush (the effect placing the monsters will say "Ambush Attack"), then enemies are placed adjacent to the heroes.

The enemies move initiative order, just like the heroes. Once a target has been determined, a melee monster moves adjacent to the target, and behind if they have enough movement. This is to allow other enemies to reach the target.

Ranged enemies don't move unless they have no targets within range. Then they will move until they have a target.

Shootout (or assault) enemies follow the move instructions on the shootout (or assault) reference card. Shootout enemies that don't start adjacent to heroes will move and target like a ranged enemy. If a shootout enemy starts adjacent to a hero, it will roll for retreat. If they do retreat, they move until they are not adjacent to any heroes (if able). Assault enemies perform a ranged and melee attack; I can't recall if they shoot, move, attack, or move then resolve both attacks.

(I may be a little off on the movement of the shootout & assault enemies. I don't have the reference cards handy.)

*Special case: Double 1s on a HbtD roll - this results in an Ambush attack. Place the monsters for the Ambush immediately, and continue on with the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls