Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hidden Heart of Darkness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Since the MM tactics are villains, I’m assuming when you fight them you do the “fight” ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Desmarais
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That is how I play it. This scheme does not have text that says to ignore other text on the mastermind tactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S and E Honeyman
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct. The card text doesn't say anything about ignore the card text, fight ability, etc., so I'm pretty sure you would do the fight effect each time you fight them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S and E Honeyman
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja'd. Guess I type to slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, abilities on the Mastermind top card don’t apply to the Tactic-Villains, they just have their printed Attack, so Stryfe, Arnim Zola and co are easier while Kingpin, Galactus etc will be harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
However, abilities on the Mastermind top card don’t apply to the Tactic-Villains, they just have their printed Attack, so Stryfe, Arnim Zola and co are easier while Kingpin, Galactus etc will be harder.

ooooooooooooooo. didn't know that. I may have played that wrong. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
DrPolygon wrote:
dontfeedthegreen wrote:

ooooooooooooooo. didn't know that. I may have played that wrong. Thanks.

That's interesting. I would have played that wrong as well. The tactic-villains are still the mastermind, no? Why wouldn't Kingpin-the-tactic-villain take a bribe, for instance?

Of course, that doesn't help to justify why Baron Zemo should get reduced attacks based on the victory pile.

SH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a look back at the card text it is a bit ambiguous.

It says the Tactics are shuffled into the Villain deck as Villains (which I would interpret as meaning they only have their printed abilities and not the characteristics of the Mastermind), then it continues to refer to them as Tactics for the rest of the Scheme text.

It’s a fun Scheme either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn’t matter, since you don’t fight Tactics even when they’re under the MM. You fight the Mastermind, and draw a Tactic as a way of getting different Fight effects (and tracking defeats). So Tactics being Villians is really the only option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.