Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GALACTIC WARLORDS FAQ
By Chas

This is a 'clean' game design, with rules so simple that its not hard to make up a House Rule as needed. But there is still work to be done! After checking out FAQ here and there, I wrote down 5 from the Archona site, plus the texts of the two unusual Support Cards (Kickstarter Brigade and Black Friday), and 12 from here on BGG. Now I'm presenting the ones I came up with myself, after playing a two player. (My 9 for the Solo game are on a separate post). Any help is appreciated.

D = Designer Call

1. End Game Scoring Does each mercenary Mission Sore 2 Points as per the Rules, or 1 Point as per the Player Aid? (Rules; D)

2. How do Mission Cards come into play? They are a Reputation Track Bonus in two places, and can also be dealt out one per player as per the Mission Card “Variant Rules.”).

3. Can you hold more than one Mission Card at a time?

4. The five ways to gain power (VP) are incomplete on both Page 5 (OBJECTIVE) and Page 19 (SCORING). They five ways are Planetary Deployment Bonuses (During Game), Reputation Track Bonuses (During Game), Guards (End of Game), Planetary Unit Majorities (End of Game), and Mercenary Missions (End of Game).

5. How do you determine First Player at game start? (Randomly)

6. Are Mercenary Card actions executed from top to bottom? (No, in any order you choose; Rules Page 12.)

7. Does Invasion give deployment points? (No; D. Instead, a successful Invader goes up on the Reputation Track).

8. When an aircraft is used for Bombard, does it return to the player Launch Pad or the Reserve? (Reserve).

9. How do you keep track of One Time Per Game player actions such as Skill Actions(Page 11)? (Write on paper or use markers of some kind).

10. Can you place a Recon Marker in a sector with revealed planets (Yes; D). Does the Recon Marker go back to your reserve when you place your Base Ship there (Yes).

11. Four Player Team Game: Are points for each team totaled jointly? (Yes)

12. Four Player Team Game: Can teammates complete Missions jointly? (No).

13. A couple of the Mercenaries with Black Missions (None) also have Black Skill Circles (none). If I match tweo of them up, can I place a Guard on the completed Black circle? (Yes, and later on that Guard may be sent to the board as a Defensive Reinforcement, although he will generate no Defending Maneuver).

14. Can a Black Mission count for the "Diversity" Objective? (No)

15. Can an Aircraft's Evacuate ability be used at any time, rather than only if its planet is attacked? (No?)

16. Four Player Team Game: Should the two partnership players sit in alternating seats? (Yes).

17. Can you Assassinate a mercenary with a blacked out mission (none) just to claim that you performed it to advance on the Reputation Track? (No)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6. You may choose to play any or all of the actions on the Mercenary card played this turn during
this phase, in any order, if able. (From the Rulebook)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bjorn,

Wow, thanks--that's a big one! (Rules Page 12). Changed in OP.

I hope more people will check in here as they get to play the game. The OP continues to change as I solitaire the 3-4 player games for the first time. Soon I hope to be playing with more live opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1. Do you pay the action cost if it's a support card you are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls