Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone get the 3D Resin map tiles from the first kickstarter? I got everything else, so I'm a "returning backer", but I'm wondering if I should splurge and get the 3d map tiles too. I just haven't seen any reviews of them, if people liked them or not, if it's even worth it...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine it being worth the cost. I consider it a luxury item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I can't imagine it being worth the cost. I consider it a luxury item.
I got them and you’re right. They are pure luxury. I have not bought anything that expensive for just enthusiasm about a board game concept. Still feeling a bit weird that I’ve done that.

While I worried that the tiles are difficult to handle (since they obviously have no dark/light side), I find it perfectly feasible to work with light tokens to capture that.

All in all they look fantastic and add additional atmosphere to the experience, which is why we‘ll never play without them (if we play at my house since transport is a burden as is storage).

To have the full level of immersion, I’ll have to paint the miniatures as well as the tiles which I might never will, because I‘m slow and quite inexperienced in painting stuff. But who knows...

I could answer some more questions if you got some specific ones.

All in all I like to have them, like to have supported HG and their idea by having bought them, but they are by no means necessary. They are luxury as previously said and you should probably only buy them if you plan to play and love the game a lot. And if you have a huge and dry storage space in the basement.

Edit: and the 10 pledges to get them are gone by now, so don’t worry about it if you didn’t get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Brimfield
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you can always print your own

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1908461