Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Avalon Hill aware of the blatant homage to Silent Hill or just me? It's even the same kinda color as Otherworld in SH.

But anyway. It says with the new rules that certain tiles can summon Hell making you draw an Otherworld card but none of em have any other icons and it doesn't say how you can draw an Otherworld card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Rules are added as you play the game. Once a new mechanic becomes available the game will generally explain all the details.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Rooms that allow access to the Otherwirkd will have directions in the actual tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No tile I have has directions to summon hell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
msg tools
mb
BardicSkaven wrote:
No tile I have has directions to summon hell?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You likely missed the instructions for placing a sticker on a tile after one of the haunts. I believe Door 4 of the Folium Infernum has the sticker you need. If that door is still in the Folium Infernum, check and see if it is the "Chasm" tile sticker. You would have placed this sticker over the tile that had the Portal Token on it during that haunt.

I would be careful to read everything as clearly as you can for the future, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
Is Avalon Hill aware of the blatant homage to Silent Hill or just me? It's even the same kinda color as Otherworld in SH.
I have never played a Silent Hill game (and had to double-check they are games, not movies). I can't speak for the rest of the team but I do know that they were never brought up during design.

That said, I suspect that SH and this game mined from the same tropes, history, sources, etc. so I'm not surprised that there may be some overlap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Silent Hill fan I can't help but associate Otherworld deck with SH. Also really only one tile in the whole game to use Otherworlds seesh that seems a waste of a mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
BardicSkaven wrote:
As a Silent Hill fan I can't help but associate Otherworld deck with SH. Also really only one tile in the whole game to use Otherworlds seesh that seems a waste of a mechanic.
Don't worry, the campaign addresses this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls