Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbara Borgogno
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
One question:
if in my turn I play a normal token without japanese characters and I sorround a figure and I remove it from the board is my turn finished or can I play other tokens with japanese characters?
Thank's,
Barbara.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can play tiles with Japanese characters after that.

It's just considered good manners to play the tiles with Japanese characters first and a normal tile after that to make it clear when your turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Borgogno
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Another question:
in my turn can I play only tokens with japanes symbols or I must play also one normal token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tabatha70 wrote:
Another question:
in my turn can I play only tokens with japanes symbols or I must play also one normal token?

The rules only state:
Quote:
The player selects one or more tokens from behind his screen, placing each on the board. At least one token must be played.

So, if you wish to play just a ninja tile, you may.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisse Holm
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
adam.skinner wrote:
The rules only state:
The player selects one or more tokens from behind his screen, placing each on the board. At least one token must be played.

So, if you wish to play just a ninja tile, you may.

I'm pretty sure the rules state that you have to place at least one normal tile during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Borgogno
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
The italians rules state that in your turn you "MUST" place one token but don't state that if must be a normal token or a token with japanese characters. So I have always the dubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
kaa0s wrote:
I'm pretty sure the rules state that you have to place at least one normal tile during your turn.

This has been discussed in another thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1718102#1718102
I haven't yet seen any evidence of this claim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Woo
Scotland
state:
running out of space...
flag msg tools
badge
The German rules are pretty clear on this: there are 2 types.

(1) 5 tiles with the Japanese sign: play as many as you want of these per turn.
(2) 15 tiles without Japanese sign: you may only play one per turn (not must).

It then confirms this again:

In one turn, you may place tiles from both groups (not must).

You must play 1 tile at least, but it does not say anywhere that it has to be one from group 2, or that you play one from group 2, and then add as many of group 1 as you want. One tile is obligatory, but it can be any tile you want.

Not part of the question, but just for clarity as I have seen one tile played wrongly in the past: the "swap tile" tile has no Japanese squiggle, so it does count as one from group 2. You cannot play it and then add a "normal" tile, it counts as a normal tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisse Holm
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BigWoo wrote:
In one turn, you may place tiles from both groups (not must).

Thanks for the clarification, I hate it when they mis-translate the rules. German is the original so we'll probably go with these rules from this point on. although it does change the way our group plays, but hey, should make for interesting choices and new strategies. Keeps the game "new" for a while again =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Borgogno
Italy
Torino
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to everybody!
Now it's everything clear.
Barbara.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about it, a rule stating that you must play a tile without the Japanese sign would be pretty silly since it's possible you would not have any such tiles available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Good point ratpfink. I had never thought about it, but you could indeed have all the 5 special tiles in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krisse Holm
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ratpfink wrote:
If you think about it, a rule stating that you must play a tile without the Japanese sign would be pretty silly since it's possible you would not have any such tiles available.

Touche! Been playing a lot and never thought about this and never did a situation come up when someone would have 5 special tiles at once.

Your insight deserves thumbs, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each move, each player does the following:

1 normal token (w/o the kanji symbol) + 0 or more fast tiles (with the kanji symbol)
OR
0 normal tokens + 1 or more fast tiles

MaBi wrote:
Good point ratpfink. I had never thought about it, but you could indeed have all the 5 special tiles in hand.

Game rules state that of the 20 total tokens each player has, you can have up to 5 in your hand at once. There are indeed 5 tokens with the kanji symbol on them, but the odds of getting 5 specific tokens in 5 picks out of 20 total is NOT very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

1 normal token (w/o the kanji symbol) + 0 or more fast tiles (with the kanji symbol)
OR

MaBi wrote:

Game rules state that of the 20 total tokens each player has, you can have up to 5 in your hand at once. There are indeed 5 tokens with the kanji symbol on them, but the odds of getting 5 specific tokens in 5 picks out of 20 total is NOT very good.

Actually, as the game moves on, it is actually very possible, if your first seven turns are all 1 token, while saving your "special" tokens, then it is quite possible to get all "special" tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

OR

MaBi wrote:

Actually, as the game moves on, it is actually very possible, if your first seven turns are all 1 token, while saving your "special" tokens, then it is quite possible to get all "special" tokens.

I'd like to think that ppl would've used at least one fast tile by the time they started racking up 3 or more in their hand, but your point is still true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.